Find
Notify
Tools

.22-250 Brass Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted
Ive got around 300 cases that have all been fired from my rifle. There are several different brands, Win. Rem. and Hornady. When I go about reloading these, should I sort them or just load them all together. I have not bought a die for it yet so thats still an issue.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends how they vary in case capacity. I'd load at least 5 of each brand and see how they group relative to each other. If they collectively group good enough for you, there's your answer.

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" - Winston Churchill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would personally sort by brand and then sort those by weight. But Zupspoons technique is much simpler and less aggravating.
--Mike

Posts: 52 | Location: Pierce County Washington | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seperate all your brass into manufactor.Different brass will have different volumes. keep win,with win, ect. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on how far you want to take it. I would atleast sort by manufacturer.

Posts: 527 | Location: Tennessee U.S.A. | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sort them. Different brass has different internal capacities and with greatly effect accuracy shot to shot.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote