THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    RL25 and .338 180gr Ballistic Tips or 210gr Partitions

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RL25 and .338 180gr Ballistic Tips or 210gr Partitions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know that Nosler recommends RL22 for the above, but I can't get my hands on any because of the recalls or whatever is going on, (they had a bad batch go out) so all I have is RL25. I will be loading up some Partition golds with it for elk, and if necessary, deer. But, I have 50rds 180gr BT's and 50rds 210gr Partitions that I want to use on antelope or deer. Anybody have any luck with RL25 and the aforementioned rounds?

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use RL-19 and 210 Noslers...carefull of the 180 bullets in the 338, they are prone to ocassional failures....

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<bendtsen>
posted
Why not go with the 210 partitions for elk?
I`ve had great succes with them in Africa and on moose here in Scandnavia.
I use VV n160 75grs thats close to 3000fps,
that will do the trick.

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
My vote also goes to the 210gr NP. Ray is also right again, RL19 would be more suited to the lighter bullet weights. You won't be able to get enough RL25 in the case for best velocity. Good luck!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, but I finally got my hands on some RL22, but now my only problem is that it's almost gale-force winds here, and now I can't load up and sight in. However, I did get my antelope today with my 30'06 and 150gr Federal Hi Shocks, quite a good round for factory ammo, I might add. I'll post the pics on the Big game forum if you want to check them out.

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote