THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Nosler Partition Recipes for 7x57 in a strong action

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Partition Recipes for 7x57 in a strong action
 Login/Join

<Dogger>
posted
I have a Ruger M77 Mark II chambered in 7x57 Mauser. I have worked up what I think is a good deer load with the 145 grain Speer Hotcor flat based spitzer: frontier cases, 48 grains H414, CCI magnum primers. It sure shoots nice groups!

I don't have a chrony.

What I would like to do next is work up some good loads involving the Nosler Partition.

I have not yet invested in a Nosler reloading manual.

Could you share with me please your favorite Nosler recipes?

Thanks!

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Don't currently have a 7x57, but, when I did, it liked either the 140 or 150 grain Partitions. All I ever shot with them was whitetail. I've switched to the 145 Speers for the 7's (I think we're covering each other's ground). If the H414 load you have is working well with the 145 Speers, I'd drop back a few grains to start and try the 140's, and another grain or two for the 150's.

A bunch of the guys here report good results with H414 in the 7 x 57; I never had much luck, mine always preferred H4350.

R-WEST

------------------
"it is up to God to judge these terrorists; it is up to us to arrange their meeting" Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only powder I use in a 7x57 is H414..I use a good deal more than you because I have a very long throat and can seat a 175 gr. Nosler half way to the shoulder and I get the full use of a 30-06 lenth magazine...the 130 speers jump a half inch to the rifleings and still shoot 1" groups in my old Brno Mod 22F Mauser....

You can get an extra 100 to 200 FPS with H-414 at the same pressure levels as other powders...It's just a great powder in that case capacity cartridge.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<ol crip>
posted
Ray, how did you come out on your 25-35 from auction arms? Was it a very clean gun?

------------------
KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY...OL CRIP
NUCLEAR GRADE UBC RETIRED