New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri Bullets "Hardness Optimized"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recent had a bad experience that went even worse when the company would not make good on a defective shipment of bullets. The following are pictures of my problem with descriptions of what to be looking for. This particular caster is dangerous; he has no idea how to cast and mixes random scrap into his melting pots to extend his material and his people were witnessed spooning off the tin through their web cam as it rose to the top and throwing it on the floor since it was a different color, I suppose, and they thought it was some contamination. This ends up casting almost pure lead bullets eventually which is about how the ones I got behave. He claims he buys “Certified Lead” but when I called his supplier, they do not certify lead for bullet casting. It’s very common among the Gun Forums to read threads from people complaining about extreme leading with Missouri Bullets, I filed a BBB complaint http://www.bbb.org/kansas-city...ngsville-mo-99158868 with no resolution and will be sending samples to the Federal Trade Commission since at least his advertising is false, or at least the bullets I got are dangerous.

I was going to use these bullets for falling steel shooting and while developing a load for them only loaded 10 or 15 to check speed, recoil and accuracy then loaded 1,,500 of them after load development, of course that’s when the soft lead problem showed up best

"Hardness Optimized" that's the claim to fame of the Missouri Bullet Company. I want to share my recent experience with their "hardness".

As you look through the pictures of the problems I had, remember that these bullets were loaded on 9MM brass with a Lee 4 die set on a Hornady Lock-N-Load progressive press. In the seating die I did a minimum taper crimp because I followed up that small crimp with their Factory Crimp Die, which I have had excellent results with.

What you will witness in the pictures are bullets sold and labeled as 18 Brinell, "Hardness Optimized" bullets that were so soft that the minimal crimp as the bullet was seated dammed up lead in front of the shell causing the ammunition to eventually jam up every gun I tried to fire them through. As well, these bullets leaded the barrel so much that in less than 100 shots, the barrel no longer showed that it had rifling to the eye; pretty dangerous shooting and why I was forced to disassemble about 1,000 of them. You will also witness how the collet puller crushed the bullets so as to mold the lead to conform with the shape of the collet including the 4 slits that allow the collet to compress. Many of them were like trying to draw soft butter out of a shell.

It's no surprise the bullet weights varied considerably as the hardness changed from lack of fluxing the melting pot making for random alloy drops into molds.

The bullet standing upright toward the front of the pile is an excellent view of the lead ridge left by seating in a crimp die which caused the problem jamming and not fitting in the chamber since the bullet was too wide to fit with the excess lead bunched up in front of the shell.

Some so soft they crushed like soft butter under the squeeze of the collet puller and had to be grabbed by vice grip pliers to pull the bullet as the collet couldn’t grab the soft lead.

Showing some of the fragments of lead from the scraping of lead from the bullet as it was seated; these fragments fell into the works of every gun we tried to get the ammunition to work in. (The little call out says “Hey a good one!!”)

Hey, Look at that!! A good one in front, contrasted with the ones in the background showing how soft the lead was that every detail of the collet imprinted in the soft lead.

…another collet impression in a soft bullet.

Another great shot of the dammed up lead.

Perhaps some of the extreme barrel leading problem is the narrow lube ring. This shows a competitors 115 grain bullet with a lube ring twice the size and Missouri Bullet’s.

Of the bullets tested the Brinell ranged from 14 (the hardest one found) to 12 which was all but one bullet tested and there were a lot of tests. All a far cry from the 18 Brinell “Hardness Optimized” bullets sold as stated on the box.

An 18 Brinell bullet can be loaded to a Max PSI of 23,751 which the caster says is what you’re getting (See Box), what I actually got was 12 BHN that can handle a Max PSI of 15,536; that’s a dangerous difference, especially for someone loading max loads..

Here’s the best part; I have some of Missouri Bullets “Cowboy #2” .38 bullets left that I didn’t have problems with leading or loading and they are sold as, and I quote, “ Brinell 12 Optimized for Cowboy Action” this bullets are a 23.8 Brinell. They claim to be purchasing “Certified Lead” that they cast these bullets from; they better get their money back for the certification.

Posts: 203 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your last post about Missouri Bullets, didn't you end up deleting your unsubstantiated comments? Why should this post be more believable than your last attempt? What are the chances you end up deleting your comments on this thread too?

http://forums.accuratereloadin...521026651#5521026651

I counted 13 separate comments you deleted. You simply replaced it with "Whopps" or "By By". Your credibility is completely in the toilet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckboat:
In your last post about Missouri Bullets, didn't you end up deleting your unsubstantiated comments? Why should this post be more believable than your last attempt? What are the chances you end up deleting your comments on this thread too?

http://forums.accuratereloadin...521026651#5521026651

I counted 13 separate comments you deleted. You simply replaced it with "Whopps" or "By By". Your credibility is completely in the toilet.

Did you notice the pictures? Last time I was falsely accused of trashing a company even though I posted public information from the BBB documenting the issue. Now I have indisputable pictures of the aftermath of the worst bullets I have ever seen and am posting them so someone that might not want the same trouble I went through would appreciate it. Instead I became the bad guy which on this forum really surprised me.

There's such a thing as trashing a company with lies and false information and three are facts about a company where they have trashed themselves; this is a company trashing themselves with bad product they refuse to correct threatening the customer with publicly disclosing their personal private information on the internet to try and make their problem go away. I don’t like it when that happens and maybe others here wouldn’t want to risk the same results happening to them.

Pure fact, it's all in the pictures. So you’re challenging my believability because I walked away from being made the bad guy for being screwed by a bullet caster has no merit.

Posts: 203 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's odd that you call what you did "walking away". It's also odd that you think people were making you out to be a "bad guy" because you supposedly were being screwed.

You have a lack of credibility for other reasons. You have to live with the consequences of what you wrote last time. Going back and replacing what you wrote with juvenile snippets does not change that.

You may want to "walk away", but don't expect a clean slate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckboat:
It's odd that you call what you did "walking away". It's also odd that you think people were making you out to be a "bad guy" because you supposedly were being screwed.

You have a lack of credibility for other reasons. You have to live with the consequences of what you wrote last time. Going back and replacing what you wrote with juvenile snippets does not change that.

You may want to "walk away", but don't expect a clean slate.

Hey duckboat go kick your cat.

Your intelligence leaves a lot to be desired here turning anything you can that I say against me, ignoring the original post and its subject while doing everything you can to cause and start trouble. Go away trouble maker; go back to my original thread where I deleted my input since people like you had nothing to do or say but beat me up for being beat up by a vendor.

I have to say this is the only forum I have found in years that is frequented my mature, level headed people who aren’t vindictive like most forums are. But you and the other posters in the last thread who would rather kick sand in the eyes of a beat up victim of a bullet caster that has no idea what he’s doing have changed my opinion of those people of which you are clearly the worst; acting more like a ghetto punk, causing trouble.

If you don’t have anything to contribute to the theme of this thread, how about going away and make trouble somewhere else and anybody else who sees no value in knowing “this could happen to you”, just move on and keep your childish ranting to yourself.

Thank You

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wboggs i have a few comments from my observations of your photos and explanations.
first i don't have much experience loading lead. but it would seem that your loading practices are questionable. the bullets do appear to be rather soft not arguing that point. but it would seem that it would be pretty obvious that the bullets were deforming as they were loaded. why would you conting to not only load over 1k of them but then also try to shoot a questionable load. also isn't it pretty common for cast shooters to verify the hardness of their bullets before ever starting to load. while you may have recieved poor quality components nobody made you load them or try to shoot them in your firearms. again im not arguing weather the bullets are of good qulaity or crap but you have a personal responsibility to yourself and those around you while shooting to make sure that you are using safe ammo. it would seem as though if you would have checked the bullets for yourself or atleast had some quality control while loading them you could have avoided alot of trouble.

Posts: 300 | Location: louisiana | Registered: 04 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sksshooter:
wboggs i have a few comments from my observations of your photos and explanations.
first i don't have much experience loading lead. but it would seem that your loading practices are questionable. the bullets do appear to be rather soft not arguing that point. but it would seem that it would be pretty obvious that the bullets were deforming as they were loaded. why would you conting to not only load over 1k of them but then also try to shoot a questionable load. also isn't it pretty common for cast shooters to verify the hardness of their bullets before ever starting to load. while you may have recieved poor quality components nobody made you load them or try to shoot them in your firearms. again im not arguing weather the bullets are of good qulaity or crap but you have a personal responsibility to yourself and those around you while shooting to make sure that you are using safe ammo. it would seem as though if you would have checked the bullets for yourself or atleast had some quality control while loading them you could have avoided alot of trouble.

Well congratulations on being the first poster that recognizes that the bullets are flawed but you still join the ranks of blaming me for the problem.

I did do test loads, as explained in the original post to determine a load that met the criteria for steel target shooting which included reasonable accuracy with minimal recoil so I could maintain speed since I shoot competitively and target acquisition speed is important. To do so I loaded 10 to 25 rounds per sample load and found one that worked. Having used this method without ANY consequence for almost 40 years I found no reason to doubt it. Especially since I have never in my life purchased bullets that are so poorly cast with garbage lead.

The problem was not easy to see and I did find that a Beretta 9 MM has a chamber that was best suited to accommodate the bunched up lead in front of the shell but it still eventually jammed the gun and deposited lead shavings in the action to the point of causing problems. The 9 MM wasn’t my gun but someone willing to take them off my hands till he found they would not work in his gun. When we test fired it, we found that he could fire 50 rounds with no significant leading (significant meaning not filling the rifling) and this shooter usually takes a half dozen guns to the range and fires 20 or 30 rounds through each so it was feasible that he could consume the rounds without risk.

As hard as it was to find someone who had the laboratory equipment to test the Brinell of these bullets I find it odd that you expected me to have tested the Brinell before ever loading a bullet. Do most of you have laboratory Brinell testing equipment to test the Brinell of every lot of lead bullets you purchase before loading?

Going back to why I bought the bullets; I shoot steel targets competitively. If any of you know anything about someone who does this kind of shooting you know they load a lot of ammunition to do so. I currently have more than 6,000, 9 MM’s loaded for next season so the 1,500 was my first REAL trial loads after proving the loads accuracy, feed and recoil for rapid target acquisition shooting. When I go out to shoot the 9 at steel, I shoot a minimum of 250 rounds which is a far cry from the 20 or 30 my friend would have fired or the 10 or 20 I loaded to determine a load. So before you go on accusing someone of being a complete idiot, please get informed and I’m still waiting for the brand of Brinell laboratory test equipment you routinely test all your lead bullets with.

I use a Factory Crimp die because I find I get better feeding with that final “polish”, so to speak of the loaded round and with my .45 ACP’s shooting bullseye have determined that that finishing added to my accuracy slightly. The factory crimp die did hide the problem somewhat because it reformed the crimp after the initial start crimp in the seating die.

I’ve been loading for about 40 years, shoot at the NRA level of Distinguished Expert, was an NRA Tri State Champion at 14 and do a good bit of exhibition shooting today, for fun. I have never in all that time purchased bullets that so proudly displayed the OD and the Brinell of the lead on the box and had such junk inside nor have I ever had ANY problem with a load I produced. Locally I’m the go to guy for loading instruction, recommendations and trouble shooting. That being said I’m still waiting for all the experts on the Accurate Reloading Forum to say…”Oh my God those bullets are horrible” as they are. All my friends who have seen them can’t believe anyone would have the balls to put such crap in a box and send them to someone and chare them for it. But all of you can only find fault in my as though something I did made those bullets soft enough to crush into every detail of the puller collet. Isn’t anybody the least bit ashamed they can’t notice the flawed bullets?

OH my God, this is so frustrating.

Hey anybody who thinks it was all me take advantage of the fact that these fine bullets are for sale to any of you claiming to be of such expert qualifications that you could use them with no problem as I apparently should have been able to. Put your money where your mouth is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I looked up Brinell testing equipment since apparently this is standard equipment on your loading bench and found these:

http://www.proceq.com/en/non-d...ting/equostat-3.html

Only 5,695 Euros

What does that translate into in dollars, $25.00? Yea right you have one on your bench just to make sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my first reaction is to just go on my merry way as this will probably turn into an argument at some point but what the hell im bored anyway.

as for your laboratory equipment. if these bullets are as bad as you say wouldn't a simple tool that would give you atleast an approximate brinnel rating be close enough. i mean really do you expect every bullet to be exactly 18 i would suspect that some may be 17 some 19. you are buying lead bullets i mean if you want a premium bullet qc maybe you will have to consider paying a premium bullet price. anyway here is a basic tool that maybe you should invest in so that you can atleast confirm that you are in the right neighborhood before loadeing. http://www.midwayusa.com/Produ...hardness-testing-kit

the next point. you posted
The problem was not easy to see and I did find that a Beretta 9 MM has a chamber that was best suited to accommodate the bunched up lead in front of the shell but it still eventually jammed the gun and deposited lead shavings in the action to the point of causing problems.

here you state that you knew there was lead pushed up around the front of the case. this tells me a couple of things. first off this could be a result of poor die setting maybe you were trying to crimp before the bullet was fully seated hmm maybe. oh and lets not forget that you are also stating that even though once you knew that there was a problem you still tried to shoot them AND THEN gave them to someone else to try. all of that tells me that your loading habits are piss poor at best. i see that you posted a couple times that you have been loading for 40 years is that supposed to mean something to me? from what i can see it just means that you have had piss poor loading practices for 40 years.

as for the bullets being crap that very well may be but the way you are approaching the problem is imho wrong. how do you load up 10-25 rounds of several loads and not figure out that they are squishing out passed the case, shoot them, then say ok i like this load and load up the rest of the box and then get mad at the end because you didn't realize you had a problem before you loaded them all. again better qc while you were loading them might have caught the problem before you spent the time and other components to load them all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no dog in this fight, but there are more economical options for testing hardness...

http://www.midwayusa.com/Produ...lead-hardness-tester

Generally lab quality equipment isn't necessary to spot check a product, but is something the caster in question should have on his bench...

Posts: 354 | Location: MD | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
my first reaction is to just go on my merry way as this will probably turn into an argument at some point but what the hell im bored anyway.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sksshooter:

Yea I can tell you’re bored and making a complete idiot of yourself in the process.

quote:
as for your laboratory equipment. if these bullets are as bad as you say wouldn't a simple tool that would give you atleast an approximate brinnel rating be close enough. i mean really do you expect every bullet to be exactly 18 i would suspect that some may be 17 some 19. you are buying lead bullets i mean if you want a premium bullet qc maybe you will have to consider paying a premium bullet price. anyway here is a basic tool that maybe you should invest in so that you can atleast confirm that you are in the right neighborhood before loadeing. http://www.midwayusa.com/Produ...hardness-testing-kit\

Well after 40 years of buying bullets that weren’t mush there wasn’t a red flag on the box stating these need checked out because I had my head up my ass when I was casting them.

You know you’re quite the arm chair quarterback; will there be anything I say you wont be able to turn against me?

quote:
The problem was not easy to see and I did find that a Beretta 9 MM has a chamber that was best suited to accommodate the bunched up lead in front of the shell but it still eventually jammed the gun and deposited lead shavings in the action to the point of causing problems.

here you state that you knew there was lead pushed up around the front of the case. this tells me a couple of things. first off this could be a result of poor die setting maybe you were trying to crimp before the bullet was fully seated hmm maybe. oh and lets not forget that you are also stating that even though once you knew that there was a problem you still tried to shoot them AND THEN gave them to someone else to try. all of that tells me that your loading habits are piss poor at best. i see that you posted a couple times that you have been loading for 40 years is that supposed to mean something to me? from what i can see it just means that you have had piss poor loading practices for 40 years.

first of all this was after 1,500 problems were found to be in existence when loading 10 or 20 at a time didn’t make it apparent. Second you statement about “crimping before the bullet was fully seated”. I’m getting the impression you have never loaded a cartridge in your life if you know so little about how a bullet seating/crimp die works, so I won’t address that statement from an absolute idiot totally ignorant of how reloading dies work. Hmmmm maybe the lead is so freakin soft no die made could have possibly seated and crimped it without this problem arising.

quote:
as for the bullets being crap that very well may be but the way you are approaching the problem is imho wrong. how do you load up 10-25 rounds of several loads and not figure out that they are squishing out passed the case, shoot them, then say ok i like this load and load up the rest of the box and then get mad at the end because you didn't realize you had a problem before you loaded them all. again better qc while you were loading them might have caught the problem before you spent the time and other components to load them all.

And I quote “is imho wrong. how do you load up 10-25 rounds of several loads and not figure out that they are squishing out passed the case, shoot them, then say ok i like this load and load up the rest of the box” if you’d have been there, you’d have made the same mistake, I guarantee you.

Any other criticisms Monday night arm chair quarterback idiot?

The only thing you are getting and no doubt even trying to get out of anything I have posted is “who can I jack this guy off?” you weren’t there and you clearly are speaking out of total ignorance so go away; we’re done. You’re too stupid to have this conversation with.

Oh and I still haven’t gotten response on how many of you have a Brinell testing equipment on your loading bench to test every batch of bullets you load. All I have is Monday night arm chair quarterbacks stating that their crystal ball would have told them this batch, the first in 40 years, is a bad batch and you should pull out the Brinell tester you haven’t needed in 40 years and test these bullets before you load them. How stupid do you look now? Let me guess not at all because you’re too stupid to notice.

Listen guys I’m done with this shit; the bullets are for sale; send me a PM to make arrangements to buy them. There is no intelligent life here either that or you’re all blind and shouldn’t have guns. Nothing anybody has said to me or about me, even in your ignorance changes the fact that these bullets are so soft they are dangerous and I didn’t make them. Every post after my OP is off topic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ha i knew it was coming i could tell thats just the type of person you are. you can't intelligently debate your own ignorance.

quote:
Originally posted by wboggs:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sksshooter:

Yea I can tell you’re bored and making a complete idiot of yourself in the process. opinions are like assholes evidently you have one to.

quote:
as for your laboratory equipment. if these bullets are as bad as you say wouldn't a simple tool that would give you atleast an approximate brinnel rating be close enough. i mean really do you expect every bullet to be exactly 18 i would suspect that some may be 17 some 19. you are buying lead bullets i mean if you want a premium bullet qc maybe you will have to consider paying a premium bullet price. anyway here is a basic tool that maybe you should invest in so that you can atleast confirm that you are in the right neighborhood before loadeing. http://www.midwayusa.com/Produ...hardness-testing-kit\

Well after 40 years of buying bullets that weren’t mush there wasn’t a red flag on the box stating these need checked out because I had my head up my ass when I was casting them.again maybe you have been doing something wrong for 40 years. if i sent you a box of shit and told you it was cake would you go ahead and eat it?

You know you’re quite the arm chair quarterback; will there be anything I say you wont be able to turn against me?thank you i do enjoy watching golf every now and then wait is that right?

quote:

first of all this was after 1,500 problems were found to be in existence when loading 10 or 20 at a time didn’t make it apparent. Second you statement about “crimping before the bullet was fully seated”. I’m getting the impression you have never loaded a cartridge in your life if you know so little about how a bullet seating/crimp die works, so I won’t address that statement from an absolute idiot totally ignorant of how reloading dies work. Hmmmm maybe the lead is so freakin soft no die made could have possibly seated and crimped it without this problem arising.
actually do you understand how a crimping/seating die works? you know the die body does the crimp and the adjustable seater in the middle pushes those little lumps of mush in. so if you in fact had the crimping function touching the case to soon before the end of your stroke you could actuall start crimping and still be pushing the bullet. go try it out, oh never mind you already did that 1500 times.
quote:

And I quote “is imho wrong. how do you load up 10-25 rounds of several loads and not figure out that they are squishing out passed the case, shoot them, then say ok i like this load and load up the rest of the box” if you’d have been there, you’d have made the same mistake, I guarantee you.

Any other criticisms Monday night arm chair quarterback idiot?

The only thing you are getting and no doubt even trying to get out of anything I have posted is “who can I jack this guy off?” you weren’t there and you clearly are speaking out of total ignorance so go away; we’re done. You’re too stupid to have this conversation with.

Oh and I still haven’t gotten response on how many of you have a Brinell testing equipment on your loading bench to test every batch of bullets you load. All I have is Monday night arm chair quarterbacks stating that their crystal ball would have told them this batch, the first in 40 years, is a bad batch and you should pull out the Brinell tester you haven’t needed in 40 years and test these bullets before you load them. How stupid do you look now? Let me guess not at all because you’re too stupid to notice.
wow i guess i look like an idiot because i don't believe i live in a perfect world. i guess from now on ill just believe everything im told. oh wait nevermind i have this thing on top of my shoulders that i tend to use more than just to hold my hat.

Listen guys I’m done with this shit; the bullets are for sale; send me a PM to make arrangements to buy them. There is no intelligent life here either that or you’re all blind and shouldn’t have guns. Nothing anybody has said to me or about me, even in your ignorance changes the fact that these bullets are so soft they are dangerous and I didn’t make them. Every post after my OP is off topic.

your not done your one of those guys that can't help but go on the intewebz and complain about stuff when you mess it up. since i have assumed a couple of things. how is it that after 1500 rounds you were able to figure out that you had a problem but you couldn't figure that same thing out after 15. from the very pics you have posted it would be pretty obvious that the led was squeezed out from the mouth of the case. at the beginning i could believe that you got some bad bullets just fromt he damage that was done from pulling them. but now im starting to wonder if you are as good at using that bullet puller as you are at using that crimping die.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so you used a lee fcd die to smash the boolits too small and then complained of leading?
you also were shaving lead and pushing it up the case mainly because you didn't have sufficient case flair.
you were probably using mixed cases too and sizing down the base of your boolit with the internally tapered cases.
i ain't sticking up for the manufacturer here haven't even heard of them.
just pointing out a few things here, i usually shoot boolits of 11 bhn in my 9's and have no issues like you are showing, you don't need a huge lube ring to lube 4" of bbl you do need a better lube.

i would suggest you take up casting your own, so you can learn what does and what doesn't work in a high pressure cartridge with plain lead.
especially the proper techniques associated with cast boolits.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
so you used a lee fcd die to smash the boolits too small and then complained of leading?
you also were shaving lead and pushing it up the case mainly because you didn't have sufficient case flair.
you were probably using mixed cases too and sizing down the base of your boolit with the internally tapered cases.
i ain't sticking up for the manufacturer here haven't even heard of them.
just pointing out a few things here, i usually shoot boolits of 11 bhn in my 9's and have no issues like you are showing, you don't need a huge lube ring to lube 4" of bbl you do need a better lube.

i would suggest you take up casting your own, so you can learn what does and what doesn't work in a high pressure cartridge with plain lead.
especially the proper techniques associated with cast boolits.

Well this may be hard to believe since nothing I say doesn’t get an abusive response ignoring enough facts to be abusive but…. I load on a Hornady Lock-N-Load and 5 different calibers of dies are all set in bushings or collars (whatever they call them) and a different powder thru base for case flair for each caliber set at the proper setting forever. I’ve loaded more than 10,000 9 MM’s with the current crimp setting and case flair; bullets from my usual supplier load completely error free with NO barrel leading, no lead build up no nothing, only the bullets from Missouri Bullets caused these problems.

Now how do you explain that? Maybe, just maybe I’m not stupid like you’re all trying to make me and the bullets from Missouri Bullets are extremely soft as the pictures clearly show. Waddayouthink?

Hey next time I have a loading question, I’m going to take a picture of the bullet and post it and all you experts will telepathically be able to tell me what the problem is and now to fix it. LMAO

Hey are you getting anything on that 9 MM 115 grain LSWCBB pictured? LMAO

Picture of NV Guide
posted Hide Post
I have purchased over 60,000 bullets from Missouri and have never had any problem. They were bought for myself and several friends and almost all of them have been shot.

I will continue to order from them as I have not had any issues with their bullet. We have used 9mm 38spl 44mag and 45acp in several hardnesses and shapes. I would like to see a couple of yours in person to compare with what I have.

Dennis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NV Guide:
I have purchased over 60,000 bullets from Missouri and have never had any problem. They were bought for myself and several friends and almost all of them have been shot.

I will continue to order from them as I have not had any issues with their bullet. We have used 9mm 38spl 44mag and 45acp in several hardnesses and shapes. I would like to see a couple of yours in person to compare with what I have.

Hey good for you.

Where do you live, you're welcome to samples.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think I get it. You KNOW you have what you consider to be bad bullets back in June. You lie to the BBB and try to get some relief then and it doesn't work. So what do you do...load up some MORE of these "bad" bullets to make a point. And to make it seem to be more in your favor, you use piss poor loading techniques to jam a lead bullet into a case that your mis-adjusted seater die has already crimped. More stupidity to try to prove an invalid point.

You still got ate up with the dumbass.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
I think I get it. You KNOW you have what you consider to be bad bullets back in June. You lie to the BBB and try to get some relief then and it doesn't work. So what do you do...load up some MORE of these "bad" bullets to make a point. And to make it seem to be more in your favor, you use piss poor loading techniques to jam a lead bullet into a case that your mis-adjusted seater die has already crimped. More stupidity to try to prove an invalid point.

You still got ate up with the dumbass.

Guess again dumbass...

You know I'm thinking, you must be a crack head to come up with something so outraigous; are you a crack head? You been smokin the stuff lately to fry your brain like this?

One of Us
Picture of Sam
posted Hide Post
What brand collet puller did you use?

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Norfolk, Va | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
What brand collet puller did you use?

The puller is an RCBS but I’m positive the puller isn’t what made the 18 Brinell bullets so soft because it never deformed any other 18 Brinell bullets I’ve EVER pulled with it.

Sample bullets are at a lab being tested then I’ll post the results and no doubt all the abusers here blaming me for causing 18 Brinell bullets to be soft enough to crush under moderate collet pressure because of how it was loaded them when every other 18 Brinell bullet worked fine.. I’m actually embarrassed for the posters who said such things; this forum’s pretty much a waste of time as it is occupied by people with little knowledge and or cant identify the obvious.

Someone ought to start a good gun forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of the bullets tested the Brinell ranged from 14 (the hardest one found) to 12 which was all but one bullet tested and there were a lot of tests. All a far cry from the 18 Brinell “Hardness Optimized” bullets sold as stated on the box.

An 18 Brinell bullet can be loaded to a Max PSI of 23,751 which the caster says is what you’re getting (See Box), what I actually got was 12 BHN that can handle a Max PSI of 15,536; that’s a dangerous difference, especially for someone loading max loads..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here’s the best part; I have some of Missouri Bullets “Cowboy #2” .38 bullets left that I didn’t have problems with leading or loading and they are sold as, and I quote, “ Brinell 12 Optimized for Cowboy Action” this bullets are a 23.8 Brinell. They claim to be purchasing “Certified Lead” that they cast these bullets from; they better get their money back for the certification.