THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New kid on the block (Chronograph, that is)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Nod to WhatThe, who posted about this device in this thread back in May 9, 2014.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/9731008991/p/2

New kid on the block (Chronograph, that is)

I have been looking at the various $50 to $100 radar devices used for measuring velocity of paintballs, arrows, baseballs, golf balls, etc. If they could measure accurately enough and in the velocity range of bullets rather than velocity range of arrows ,etc, they would be a great boon to firearms shooters. No instruments ahead of the firing line is only the beginning.

Just now, I found about this device which not only measures bullet speed immediately after firing, but also at 5 specific distances (one at the muzzle and 4 user-specified distances downrange up t 100 yards), giving the ability to check velocity loss and better calculate bullet drop.

http://mylabradar.com/

An interesting thread is here:
http://forum.snipershide.com/s...ler-chronograph.html

Anyone know any more about this? Unfortunately, the projected price is $550 with availability expected in Fall, 2014.

Lost Sheep

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They've been hyping it for a couple of years, every few months they move the availability date back a few more months.

It doesn't matter how well they say it will work if they never make them.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
They've been hyping it for a couple of years, every few months they move the availability date back a few more months.

It doesn't matter how well they say it will work if they never make them.

Exactly!

I have not found anything to beat the Ohler yet.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted Hide Post
Still hard to beat the cheapo Shooting Chrony.

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys been reading your posts.I'm not being a smarta** but what is a make of a cheap chrony? Have been thinkin about buying one wouldn't have a clue where to start or what to buy any help would be great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rcbs makes one for around $100 but like everyone else hard too beat an Oehler. I think they run about $500 new May be able too find a used one.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captbubba:
Hey guys been reading your posts.I'm not being a smarta** but what is a make of a cheap chrony? Have been thinkin about buying one wouldn't have a clue where to start or what to buy any help would be great.

Google "Shooting Chrony" and you can order right off their site, or from MidwayUSA, Midsouth, or any site that sells shooting and reloading gear. They run less than $100.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks will do that and by the way Frank love the pic.