Notify
Tools

What is with Ruger anyway?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
As a person (a man, NOT a lady or even a cross dresser for that matter) working IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS, I have seen stupid behavior from great companies you would not believe.

I HAVE actually had dealings with MANY manufacturers, including RUGER. My RUGER experience was pleasant and handled in a timely manner.

The guy he got ahold of at RUGER COULD have been an idiot, because believe it or not, idiots are EVERYWHERE, even at companies that have the absolute best customer service 99.99% of the time.

Obviously YOU have never had a bad day in your life OR EVER MADE A MISTAKE.
Uh, I've dealt with beaucoup firearms customer service departments (Browning's and Winchester's are the worst) and I've dealt with Ruger's on inumerable occasions. At all three locations; New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Arizona. With multiple people. They've made some mistakes on parts orders and they tried to charge me for some rings once, but they have NEVER, EVER hung up on me, nor have they refused to speak to me regardless of my LE status. The original poster is either leaving out some major details (likely) like he and his buddy came on like a couple of stiff pricks, or he's lying (also likely).

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F6Hawk:
He never said that everyone had problems with ruger. One phone call was bad. Have you ever had an issue with one (let's call them) phone idiot, and had to call back or go higher to get resolution?
He indicated that he and his pal called on more than one occasion and received this service. Go back and READ.

quote:
And unless I am mistaken (I am not all that familiar with Ruger's models), your gun is not exactly a LE gun, is it?
You are mistaken. The AC556 and Mini 14 GB were sold only to LE agencies, not civilian dealers. They were sold by the train load and are constantly being transferred out of agencies in favor of the free M16s the feds are giving away.

quote:
More of a once-banned fully-auto weapon.
What in the hell is this blunder supposed to mean? Since when were full-autos banned? Please don't comment on subjects you don't understand.

quote:
It is super that you have had nothing but good luck with Ruger, that speaks of their quality service. No one is disputing that. But not everyone at Ruger is perfect, and perhaps the Blob1 situation revolves around a guy who didn't get any the night before or something silly like that.
Don't think so. He stated that this happened on more than one occasion. Sounds like bullshit. Because it is.

quote:
I just think you came on a bit strong, is all. You ask him to prove it, and save for a recorded phone conversaion (illegal in most states, and in all states without consent), how could he possibly do so?
Again, please don't comment on things you don't understand. Recorded telephone conversations are perfectly legal in most states provided one party is aware. The original poster could provide the location of the Ruger facility contacted (he didn't), the name of the person with whom he spoke at Ruger (he didn't), the correct model designation of the rifle (he didn't), a partial serial number, since Rugers have a distinct serial numbering pattern (he didn't), and maybe the dates and times that this occurred (he didn't). He might also think about being honest with exactly what was said on his end.

quote:
Oh, well, not my ball of yarn, just think we could do with a sit-back-and-take-a-deep-breath here, is all. Perhaps you could help Blob1 by giving him a name and phone number of a Ruger rep who has done well by you?

Thanks,
F6
I see no real point in doing so. I've never asked for any special treatment and just dealt with whoever answered the telephone.

I do know this: the manager of the Prescott facility sounds quite gruff on the telephone, but he's actually a very cordial person once he begins talking. He gave me several free parts (some sights and sight bases for a MKII) once without my asking. Very typical treatment from them.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, all parties parties must be made aware of a phone recording, not one. Hence the recorded warning that most customer service departments play as you wait for a rep. And even then, if consent is not given, the recording is often not admissible in court. But that is not the issue here.

Ok, I understand now, thanks for the insight. My comment 1) earlier seems to have hit the mark within 1 MOA. No sense in offering help to someone, just acting like an ass to all suffices, eh?

Musta been beat up on real bad as a kid to feel the need to hide behind the internet and call names. I am truly sorry for you.

F6 out...

-----------------------------------------------------
\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, all parties parties must be made aware of a phone recording, not one.
Absolutely not. Please don't feel compelled to comment about a subject you obviously don't understand.

Thirty-eight states allow recording of telephone conversations with only one-party consent, just like the federal wiretap law. Read it and weep:

http://www.constitutionproject.org/ls/50statesummary.doc

quote:
Ok, I understand now, thanks for the insight. My comment 1) earlier seems to have hit the mark within 1 MOA. No sense in offering help to someone, just acting like an ass to all suffices, eh?
It was good for me. Was it good for you?

I still haven't figured out what the point of this thread was. Was it asking for help with a problematic rifle? Or was it some insecure person's means of launching an anonymous rant? Which is it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Who said:"Im surprised I didnt stir up a firestorm from all Ruger fans." Big Grin

Posts: 439 | Location: Quebec Canada | Registered: 27 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's up with just some guy???
I thought the man was asking "what gives?" as in have any of y'all had this problem? Maybe he was making the whole story up to piss of jsg or maybe his buddy got a hold of an idiot when he called Ruger. Been an investigator for 10 years or so and I didn't see enough to call bullshit/liar either way. I've seen provocative posts here before and this just didn't look like one to me. No sense raggin on the man. If you go off half cocked, well, they have pills for that now days or so I hear.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhilly66:
What's up with just some guy???
I thought the man was asking "what gives?" as in have any of y'all had this problem? Maybe he was making the whole story up to piss of jsg or maybe his buddy got a hold of an idiot when he called Ruger. Been an investigator for 10 years or so and I didn't see enough to call bullshit/liar either way. I've seen provocative posts here before and this just didn't look like one to me. No sense raggin on the man. If you go off half cocked, well, they have pills for that now days or so I hear.

Speaking of "half cocks", don't tell JSG that the website he quoted applies to COURT ORDERED wiretaps. Be might go off on ya!

\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Speaking of "half cocks", don't tell JSG that the website he quoted applies to COURT ORDERED wiretaps. Be might go off on ya!
I've got two words for you, dumbass: Evelyn Wood. Learn to READ as previously admonished.

"Thirty-eight states and the District of Columbia permit individuals to record conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so. These laws are referred to as "one-party consent" statutes, and as long as you are a party to the conversation, it is legal for you to record it."

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/intro.html
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

We can put a little money on it if you like, smart guy. I'm in the market for a new Leupold.

Still haven't seen the purpose of this thread. Was it asking for help, or a means of launching a rant?

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by groundhog devastation:
That's the same company that made a model called the Mini-14 isn't it? The quality of that one probably carries through to all their stuff!!!! Make a bunch of em, sell em to anybody and screw you if it wasn't what we said it was!!! If Ruger was the only thing I could get to shoot......I'd take up golf!!! GHD

RIGHT! We all know them wuthless Rugers just won't shoot for sour apples.....

Old golfers never die. They just hit their balls in the rough!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by b beyer:
I have learned one thing from this thread, and that is if I ever show up anywhere that you girls have guns let me know so I can get the hell out. Bob the peaceful. El would you put a size reference on your pics, I can't tell the group size at all.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
I have 4 Ruger bolt guns and they all shoot great. My 223 will shoot 1/2" at 100 with factory. But I did own a #1 in 243 that was JUNK. It would shoot 4-6" at 100. Sold it and never looked back. I have heard lots of people have the same experience with the #1 and you know Ruger has to know of the problems with that gun but choose not to address it. You can buy a Handi-rifle for a third of the cost and shoot MOA.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcatcher223:
But I did own a #1 in 243 that was JUNK. It would shoot 4-6" at 100. Sold it and never looked back. I have heard lots of people have the same experience with the #1 and you know Ruger has to know of the problems with that gun but choose not to address it. You can buy a Handi-rifle for a third of the cost and shoot MOA.
So you never allowed Ruger a chance to address your concerns? My, aren't you a bright boy. homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerHey guys didn't this thing take off like an appllo rocket! Reguardless if anyone out there believes me or not as I haven't lost any sleep over it, it did happen. But that doesn't mean Ruger is a bad company or anything. I have owned several bull barreled rifles with tripods that need attention from the factory and had no problem getting help with any of them. I had to hound Colt on an AR-15 problem and it was taken care of quickly. I was just wondering if anyone had any problem with attention to that certian rifle in the past. It will make no differnce to many and may to some but I am a Christian saved by the blood of the lord Jesus Christ and I do not lie. I have enough to answer for like telling "Just some guy" to kiss my ass. That was the wrong thing to do and I apologize for my actions in a time of weakness. Isn't it amazing how a thing like a rifle will cause us to act like spoiled kids while the world goes to hell around us. Good shooting!

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blob1:
Reguardless if anyone out there believes me or not as I haven't lost any sleep over it, it did happen.
No it didn't.

quote:
But that doesn't mean Ruger is a bad company or anything.
Yet your post seems to suggest otherwise.

quote:
I had to hound Colt on an AR-15 problem and it was taken care of quickly.
Colt's customer service problems have been well-documented.

quote:
It will make no differnce to many and may to some but I am a Christian saved by the blood of the lord Jesus Christ and I do not lie.
Except when you're trying to launch an anonymous rant, apparently.

quote:
I have enough to answer for like telling "Just some guy" to kiss my ass. That was the wrong thing to do and I apologize for my actions in a time of weakness.
You've got more for which to atone by the telling of your LIE.

quote:
Isn't it amazing how a thing like a rifle will cause us to act like spoiled kids while the world goes to hell around us. Good shooting!
Isn't it amazing trying to determine someone's ulterior motives for initiating a smear campaign?

So which is it? Are you trying to get help with this rifle, or are you just a whiner? You've never answered.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it! I was trying to figure out who JSG reminded me of. Then last night while watching THE GREEN MILE I knew who he sounds like. Remember Percy the little whiny, limp wristed turd who had connections in the county hierarchy at the prison???¿ Yup we have your number now JSG!!!

Blob1 just appologized, you didn't even mention anything like an acceptance, just judged him to have other things to atone for,(don't we all)? No not you JSG, we all know you're perfect!

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
Got it! I was trying to figure out who JSG reminded me of. Then last night while watching THE GREEN MILE I knew who he sounds like. Remember Percy the little whiny, limp wristed turd who had connections in the county hierarchy at the prison???¿ Yup we have your number now JSG!!!

Blob1 just appologized, you didn't even mention anything like an acceptance, just judged him to have other things to atone for,(don't we all)? No not you JSG, we all know you're perfect!
This thread's purpose is still ambiguous. Was it asking for help for a problematic rifle, or was it just an opportunity to cry and whine?

The original poster seems to be rather specific about some details, but purposely vague about others. The rifle's correct model designation has not been given, the dates and times of these alleged telephone calls have not been given, the location of the Ruger facility has not been given, the name of the Ruger representative hasn't been given, and on and on. It is, purely and simply, a LIE.

If these events REALLY occurred, and they DID NOT, it seems reasonable that you would make a note of everything that was said and with whom this was discussed, dates, times, etc. The LIAR who began this thread has conveniently omitted those items.

It is likely that the original poster and his buddy probably became rude and abusive on the telephone and were disconnected, or maybe he makes these things up for kicks. Hard to tell what drives some of the aberrant personalities that frequent the 'net these days.

one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]So you never allowed Ruger a chance to address your concerns? My, aren't you a bright boy. homer[/QUOTE]

You mean like ask the engineers why they did something retarded like desiging the forearm bolt to tie into the barrel? Ruger already knows of the problems with the #1. They weren't very friendly on the phone when I talked to them and implied there was noting wrong with the gun but I could send it in if I wanted to. So, I sold it as is. But, I have a whole collections of their bolt guns. They need to scrap the #1.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You mean like ask the engineers why they did something retarded like desiging the forearm bolt to tie into the barrel? Ruger already knows of the problems with the #1. They weren't very friendly on the phone when I talked to them and implied there was noting wrong with the gun but I could send it in if I wanted to. So, I sold it as is. But, I have a whole collections of their bolt guns. They need to scrap the #1.
And yet the Number 1 has been one of their product mainstays since 1967. My, what they could learn from an anonymous internet expert like you....... homer

I'm a little curious how Ruger would be able to remedy you gun via telephone. The power of positive thinking?

one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
I am willing to bet as many people cuss the number one as praise it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am willing to bet as many people cuss the number one as praise it.
How much are you willing to lose on this bet?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's it! Just Some Guy, you are being an asshole. There is no reason whatsoever to rag on Blob1 like that. There is absolutely no way in the world you can know beyond a doubt, that it did not happen as described and for you to call him a liar and to state unequivocally that it did not happen, is the pinnacle of narrow mindedness. I thought the story sounded strange myself and might have said so myself but to call bullshit with such self righteous condemnation, is unwarranted at best, and is behavior that I personally would not accept from you in person. I do not know and can not fathom what it was about the post that upset you to a point beyond civil discourse but I would hope that you will learn to state your doubts disagreements with more respect to the people on this site.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's it! Just Some Guy, you are being an asshole. There is no reason whatsoever to rag on Blob1 like that. There is absolutely no way in the world you can know beyond a doubt, that it did not happen as described and for you to call him a liar and to state unequivocally that it did not happen, is the pinnacle of narrow mindedness. I thought the story sounded strange myself and might have said so myself but to call bullshit with such self righteous condemnation, is unwarranted at best, and is behavior that I personally would not accept from you in person. I do not know and can not fathom what it was about the post that upset you to a point beyond civil discourse but I would hope that you will learn to state your doubts disagreements with more respect to the people on this site.
I have no respect for liars.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
He never said that everyone had problems with ruger. One phone call was bad. Have you ever had an issue with one (let's call them) phone idiot, and had to call back or go higher to get resolution?

And unless I am mistaken (I am not all that familiar with Ruger's models), your gun is not exactly a LE gun, is it? More of a once-banned fully-auto weapon.

It is super that you have had nothing but good luck with Ruger, that speaks of their quality service. No one is disputing that. But not everyone at Ruger is perfect, and perhaps the Blob1 situation revolves around a guy who didn't get any the night before or something silly like that.

I just think you came on a bit strong, is all. You ask him to prove it, and save for a recorded phone conversaion (illegal in most states, and in all states without consent), how could he possibly do so?

Oh, well, not my ball of yarn, just think we could do with a sit-back-and-take-a-deep-breath here, is all. Perhaps you could help Blob1 by giving him a name and phone number of a Ruger rep who has done well by you?

Thanks,
F6

GREAT IDEA, F6!!

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:

JSG must WORK at RUGER...

He's probably the guy who answers the phone...

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sorry I don't work there, because I'd jump at the chance to post the exact details of this liar's story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerHey guys don't bash "Just some guy" to much. I know exactly why he lives with all that anger and bitterness and has to make sure he believes he is right about everything. I was the same way before the Lord set me free from it. The Bible teaches that as Christians we will be blasted by mouth, critised, persucuted, put down and called many names while upon this earth. I understand where all of it comes from because I was lost and destined to hell myself at one time and acted the same way. It is the normal actions of the natural man. It is serving the sin of bitterness. Anger will cause us to some mighty stupid and foolish things, been there, done that. I do hope "just somebody" is saved one day and then he will have the freedom from the natural senses. I will pray the lord convict him and save him before it is to late. And to all the Christians out there read proverbs 26:4 before sending a reply. May the lord bless.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SmilerOh by the way thanks for the private messages about all this.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anger will cause us to some mighty stupid and foolish things, been there, done that.
You mean like LYING to cover up something?

quote:
And to all the Christians out there read proverbs 26:4 before sending a reply. May the lord bless.
Allow me to suggest a little Biblical passage that may be of some use to you -- Proverbs 12:22.

"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:

I'm sorry I don't work there, because I'd jump at the chance to post the exact details of this liar's story.

There are THREE sides to every story:

1) Your side.

2) My side.

3) The truth.

Silly me for giving you that much credit.
You COULDN'T work at RUGER. With an attitude like yours, you wouldn't last a day...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Besides, you COULDN'T work at RUGER with an attitude like yours.
You wouldn't last a day...
Are you in HR? If so, I'd like to submit a resume.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:
Besides, you COULDN'T work at RUGER with an attitude like yours.
You wouldn't last a day...
Are you in HR? If so, I'd like to submit a resume.

No thanks. Besides I'm "Tucker'd out" from all your fun and games.

This is my last post on this subject.