New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is with Ruger anyway?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
MadI recenly bought a Ruger MK 77 with 28 inch Varmint barrel, tripod and 3x9x50 scope in .308 caliber from a fellow in the coast guard who wanted a smaller AR-15 to carry on the boat. It was the law inforcement model.Well I never shot it and had to sell it. The person who bought it never could get it to shoot accurate with 150 -165 grain bullets no matter what kind! Well he called Ruger about and they told him that he wasn't supposed to have the law inforcement model anyway! They hung up on him twice! What gives? I can buy this rifle anywhere. It is called a VLF for Varmint law inforcement model. It comes with the tripod.

Posts: 671 | Location: none | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
What is this, let's beat up on Ruger day? Read the post "Am I missing something? 220 Swift won't group well".

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder what this person said when Ruger answered the phone. Some folks get a little heated and are not very pleasant right off the bat.
My experience with Ruger has been just the opposite! All my questions have been answered quickly and politely. Any problems I may have had have been resolved promptly and courtiously.
Are my Rugers the most accurate rifles I have? No, that honor goes to a Sako Vixen in 222 with a heavy barrel and to my Anchutz 22LR target rifles. But, then, I didn't expect even the 6mm Rem varminter to shoot less than .75 inch groups, and that only when I did my part, strangely enough!

Put your nose to the grindstone, your belly to the ground, and your shoulder to the wheel. Now try to work in that position!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Almost any bolt action rifle can be made to shoot accurately, but it's going to cost you a few coins. This is why I stay angry with the gun manufacturers. My last three new rifles, all Remingtons, have required glass bedding, barrel floating, and trigger work - $250. each, to make them shoot really well. It's up to the individual to decide if he wants to cough up the extra money. Incidently this is what drove me back to Savage. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Cal Sibley

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cal,
Has it been your experience that Savage rifles are pretty much optimized as they come from the factory? I have seen and liked their new trigger, but haven't owned one of the new rifles.

Put your nose to the grindstone, your belly to the ground, and your shoulder to the wheel. Now try to work in that position!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mass production at competitive price tags don't go hand in hand...Welcome to the real world, cheap wet wood, only decent workmanship, and barrel that may be less than best all make for a factory rifle at a doable price I fear...Most factory rifles guarentee 3" groups at 100, and that's not acceptable accuracy to me...but I understand to make 1" guns they would have to charge 3 times what they charge now...

I have never had a problem with Ruger, they have always fixed it..I suspect the whole truth has yet to come out of your friends mouth..and that LE stuff is BS, they wouldn't say that IMO..sounds like to me he is fishing for his money back...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
before anyone speaks of accuracy, the word should be defined. What is accurate to one person, may be completly unacceptable to another. Not trying to blow smoke up anyones butt, but to me an accurate rifle will hit the 1/8th inch dot in the center of an IBS score target sixteen or seventeen times out of twentyfive, without missing the 1/2 inch ten ring any one of the twentyfive shots. That is what it takes to win an IBS hunter class score match. Someone that has to hit a 200lb deer at 100 yards can get away with a lot less. Accuracy means different things to different people and I imagine that the type of shooting that I do requires as much short range accuracy as any gun made. It costs, both in money and time invested in getting the gun to shoot its best. A lot of guys that do not shoot that form of compitition, don't realize what a bit of wind can do to a bullet in a short one hundred yards. There is so much involved in hitting what you are aiming at, in the gun, the conditions and knowing how to read them, and something as simple as the rifle being in the same position each time it goes off that it would take a bunch of ballistic experts to come up with the reason for a miss or a hit for that matter. Like I said, it all depends what you are trying to do with the gun that you have. Good luck to all. Bob

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's the same company that made a model called the Mini-14 isn't it? The quality of that one probably carries through to all their stuff!!!! Make a bunch of em, sell em to anybody and screw you if it wasn't what we said it was!!! If Ruger was the only thing I could get to shoot......I'd take up golf!!! GHD

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Groundhog,
That's not a bad idea. Why don't you do that?

If you can't have fun when you go out, STAY HOME !

Posts: 234 | Location: 40 miles east of Dallas | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlongo:
One has to wonder what this person said when Ruger answered the phone. Some folks get a little heated and are not very pleasant right off the bat.
My experience with Ruger has been just the opposite! All my questions have been answered quickly and politely. Any problems I may have had have been resolved promptly and courtiously.
Same here. I have maybe a dozen or so Rugers; pistols, revolvers, rifles, a Red Label, and even an AC556 machine gun. Ruger has never hesitated to service anything or answer any of my questions, no matter how dumb the request. They've given me free scope rings when I've damaged existing sets.

I once called the Prescott facility with a rather mundane question regarding a 22/45. The person with whom I spoke asked me to leave a telephone number and said someone would get back to me. A few minutes later the MANAGER of the Prescott facility called me back and spent ten minutes or so answering my stupid questions and talking shop like we were old buddies or something.

Something doesn't ring true with the buyer's story.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good friend of mine has a Ruger 77 in 270 win that he purchased a year or two ago. It's been shooting less than an inch at 100 yds since the day he brought it home. About 4 deer so far with it.

I went the other route and bought a Savage 7mm-08. Same as above, except I'm getting about 0.5 inch groups with 120gr nosler ballistic tips.

I have a mind like a steel trap... rusty and illegial in 37 states.

Posts: 163 | Location: Upstate, NY | Registered: 26 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big GrinAll of you are missing the point of what I was asking. I am not knocking Ruger at all. My preferance has always been Remington because I hav eha dgood luck with them. But this year I bought a new Ruger MK 77 mark 5 SS in .260 caliber and I love it. No the person didn't want any money back and all he did was ask them to speak to someone about a rifle. They asked him imeddiatly what kind and then what law inforcement was he with. When he told them none they refused to speak to him and told him he wasn't supposed to have the rifle in the first place. Just was wondering if there was something else we didn't know about this rifle which isn't anything special anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roll EyesAgin not knocking ruger but simply stating truth, the .308 rifle I spoke of was shooting 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards no matter what was done to it. Now some would call that good but I say for the price of the rifle it was terrible +. The shooters have 45 years shooting and reloading so wasn't a rooki mistake. And the simple question to talk to someone about it was asked and they hung up at the mention of the VLF model after saying he wasn't supposed to have it. Just asked if any really knew anything about this type thing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big GrinAbout the Savage. A fellow came to the range last week with a new Savage with fluted SS barrel. I checked his groups with factory 55 grain rounds and every time a dime covered all 5.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blob1:
No the person didn't want any money back and all he did was ask them to speak to someone about a rifle. They asked him imeddiatly what kind and then what law inforcement was he with. When he told them none they refused to speak to him and told him he wasn't supposed to have the rifle in the first place.
BULLSHIT. Ruger never marketed or sold the AC556 to civilians, nor have they ever sold or marketed the GB version of the Mini 14 to civilians, yet they willingly service them time and time again. Don't post some bullshit story unless you're willing to offer some kind of tangible proof.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by b beyer:
Like I said, it all depends what you are trying to do with the gun that you have. Good luck to all. Bob

You are absolutely correct.

On a hunting rifle, 3" @ 100 yards is acceptable from a practical standpoint. Although most mass-produced rifles, with good ammo can do this if you experiment with different brands (or handload).

Most hunting shots in my area (and in my experience) have been less than 100 yards. Some MUCH less.

On a benchrest (or varmint) rifle, it's a different story. 3" @ 100 = 6" @ 200 or a blown match (or a missed PD). 1" is not acceptable for these rifles.

If you feel you need match accuracy, you better buy it. To expect the accuracy from a mass-produced rifle that one would get from a "beanfield" rifle, is not logical.

IMHO Savage has the best accuracy for the money, and even they can't produce "match-grade" accuracy in a rifle costing less than $900. They are close-enough for my purpose, but that's not everybody's purpose.

Also, Ruger has always been easy to work with in my experience and their guns pretty much as accurate as any. They stand behind their products.

The "LE/military-only" crap is now gone, dying with the assault-weapons and magazine restriction. "LE/Military only" just tells you it was manufactured during from Sept 1994 to Sept 2004.

This whole story really doesn't make sense...

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
JLONGO

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED SAVAGES ARE GREAT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. AT LEAST THE THREE I HAVE WERE.

ALL WERE SUB MOA AT THE FIRST RANGE SESSION. THEY HAVE MY LOVE AND ADMIRATION. THEY SHOOT BETTER THAN I DO.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FrownerWell I see this didn't go anywhere and some of the answers with swearing is just what the liberals trying to shut down all guns like to hear. I thought maybe someone with some intelligence would have an inside on this but don't see it coming. So not going to read anymore of this. Just stated a simple problem a person had and received the usual off the wall answers. And by the way after paying $800.00 + for a rifle I expect it to shoot better than 3 inch groups at 100 yards. But that is me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
FrownerWell I see this didn't go anywhere and some of the answers with swearing is just what the liberals trying to shut down all guns like to hear. I thought maybe someone with some intelligence would have an inside on this but don't see it coming. So not going to read anymore of this. Just stated a simple problem a person had and received the usual off the wall answers. And by the way after paying $800.00 + for a rifle I expect it to shoot better than 3 inch groups at 100 yards. But that is me.
So where are you going with this? Was your purpose of posting this little vignette a means of getting some help with a problematic rifle? Or just a means of ranting about a perceived slight by Ruger?

The whole thing about Ruger just flat refusing to discuss the rifle because your story's character wasn't a peace officer is little more than a lie, plain and simple. As for Ruger's customer service allegedly hanging up on the caller, you might want to include the details of the ENTIRE story, not just the parts you want people to hear.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STINGER:
JLONGO

AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED SAVAGES ARE GREAT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. AT LEAST THE THREE I HAVE WERE.

ALL WERE SUB MOA AT THE FIRST RANGE SESSION. THEY HAVE MY LOVE AND ADMIRATION. THEY SHOOT BETTER THAN I DO.

Why not, Minot?

You are correct. Most Savages will outshoot the person behind the trigger right out of the box...

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MadHey "just some guy" you can kiss my ass for calling me a lier son. I was there and heard the call. Ruger flat turned him down. I just thought there was something with that certian rifle, and don't ever call me a lier again! shame

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Golfing is harder than shooting, better stick with guns.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
MadHey "just some guy" you can kiss my ass for calling me a lier son. I was there and heard the call. Ruger flat turned him down. I just thought there was something with that certian rifle, and don't ever call me a lier again! shame
And what if I don't?

Sorry, your story stinks to high heaven. There isn't an ounce of plausibility or anything that even remotely resembles the truth to it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, Blob, I believe you. I have no beef with Ruger and I expect 99% of the time they treat their customers right. However, there is always that 1%... Maybe the guy at Ruger was new and/or misunderstood Ruger's policy regarding LE guns. Maybe there was a typo in a memo sent out by Ruger management that day.

I see no reason to call you a liar just because your experience did not match the pattern observed by others. There are always exceptions.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarkL:
For what it's worth, Blob, I believe you. I have no beef with Ruger and I expect 99% of the time they treat their customers right. However, there is always that 1%... Maybe the guy at Ruger was new and/or misunderstood Ruger's policy regarding LE guns. Maybe there was a typo in a memo sent out by Ruger management that day.
Or maybe we're not getting the complete story.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Or maybe we're not getting the complete story.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe you're a liberal troll whose only reason to be on here is to call everybody liars, or other profain names, just to cause trouble??¿

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizz:
Or maybe you're a liberal troll whose only reason to be on here is to call everybody liars, or other profain names, just to cause trouble??¿
I'm calling a spade a spade. His story looks like bullshit, smells like bullshit, and tastes like bullshit. Good thing nobody stepped in it.

I own one of these allegedly "law enforcement only" Ruger firearms. Why hasn't Ruger ever hung up on or refused service to me or the thousands of other civilian owners of these firearms? Maybe because his story is just a lie? (That's a rhetorical question in case you missed it.)

The only difference between the bonehead story told here and a fairy tale is a fairy tale begins with "Once upon a time...."

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MarkL:

I see no reason to call you a liar just because your experience did not match the pattern observed by others. There are always exceptions.

Exactly. I myself had a problem with S&W recently. When I called back THE THIRD TIME, I got the answer I wanted.

I would call back and keep bugging them UNTIL YOU GET THE ANSWER YOU WANT. WRITE DOWN WHO YOU TALKED TO. Make sure and get the name(s) of the person/people you talk to and the date and time, etc. BE ANAL. That way if there is a problem you can say, "Bob told me this LAST WEEK when I called, has anything changed?"

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
Exactly. I myself had a problem with S&W recently. When I called back THE THIRD TIME, I got the answer I wanted.

I would call back and keep bugging them UNTIL YOU GET THE ANSWER YOU WANT. WRITE DOWN WHO YOU TALKED TO. Make sure and get the name(s) of the person/people you talk to and the date and time, etc. BE ANAL. That way if there is a problem you can say, "Bob told me this LAST WEEK when I called, has anything changed?"
In an earlier post you stated "This whole story really doesn't make sense..."

So which is it? You either believe him or you don't.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Some Guy:
quote:

In an earlier post you stated "This whole story really doesn't make sense..."

So which is it? You either believe him or you don't.

Maybe the guy at RUGER WAS WHACKO and HE didn't make sense. He did not know that for all intents and purposes, LE/Military is defunct. Unfortunately, stupid and ignorant people are EVERYWHERE, even apparently at RUGER.

After I thought about it, the same thing happened to me when I called S&W about a possible factory defect.

I had to call THREE TIMES before I got the answer I wanted. The first two times they told me, "I had probably caused the problem, or it just happens sometimes."

Both answers were pure BS. S&W is currently fixing the problem.

I didn't say Blob was lying, I said "This whole story really doesn't make sense..."

I DID NOT CALL THE GUY A LIAR, YOU DID...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the guy at RUGER WAS WHACKO and HE didn't make sense. He did not know that for all intents and purposes, LE/Military is defunct.
Uh, let's clarify a little something before you get to far out: the AWB, which is to what you seem to be referring, only affected certain semi-automatic firearms. The rifle in question is a BOLT action and was never under the purview of the AWB.

Ruger never sold any of their MGs to civilians or many other firearms, such as the Mini 14 GB, certain versions of the P-Series pistol, certain versions of the MKII pistol, etc. They have NEVER questioned an owner's LE status or refused to speak about or service any of these firearms. Sorry, ain't gonna believe it.

quote:
Unfortunately, stupid and ignorant people are EVERYWHERE, even apparently at RUGER.
Uh, nooooooo, I don't think so. The whole story sounds like bullshit. Hell, the model designation this clown listed sounds more like a Remington offering than Ruger. I'm beginning to question whether this guy even knows about which company he has the beef.

quote:
After I thought about it, the same thing happened to me when I called S&W about a possible factory defect.

I had to call THREE TIMES before I got the answer I wanted. The first two times they told me, "I had probably caused the problem, or it just happens sometimes."

S&W has always had their problems and their service policy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with Ruger.

quote:
I didn't say Blob was lying, I said "This whole story really doesn't make sense..."

You bet I called him a liar. You can split the semantical differences any way you choose, but your statement says the same damned thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can only say good things about the Ruger customer service. They are friendly, fast and even go through the necessary paperwork to ship a gunpart overseas.

Great guys!

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Maybe the guy at RUGER WAS WHACKO and HE didn't make sense. He did not know that for all intents and purposes, LE/Military is defunct.
Uh, let's clarify a little something before you get to far out: the AWB, which is to what you seem to be referring, only affected certain semi-automatic firearms. The rifle in question is a BOLT action and was never under the purview of the AWB.

Ruger never sold any of their MGs to civilians or many other firearms, such as the Mini 14 GB, certain versions of the P-Series pistol, certain versions of the MKII pistol, etc. They have NEVER questioned an owner's LE status or refused to speak about or service any of these firearms. Sorry, ain't gonna believe it.

quote:
Unfortunately, stupid and ignorant people are EVERYWHERE, even apparently at RUGER.
Uh, nooooooo, I don't think so. The whole story sounds like bullshit. Hell, the model designation this clown listed sounds more like a Remington offering than Ruger. I'm beginning to question whether this guy even knows about which company he has the beef.

quote:

S&W has always had their problems and their service policy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with Ruger.

quote:

You bet I called him a liar. You can split the semantical differences any way you choose, but your statement says the same damned thing.

Hey JSG, was it a GOOD batch or a BAD batch?
(I'm referring to the crack you were smoking)

While the AWB did not actually cover bolt action guns, most manufacturers did use LE/MILITARY ONLY as a way to keep ordinary people from owning these weapons and accessories.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I want to know what proof you and the knot head who started this thread have that this bullshit story actually occurred. Let's see some names, dates, and times. I want to know which Ruger facility was contacted. And most of all, I'd like the FULL story.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I want to know what proof you and the knot head who started this thread have that this bullshit story actually occurred. Let's see some names, dates, and times. I want to know which Ruger facility was contacted. And most of all, I'd like the FULL story.

I have just as much proof that this actually occurred as you do that it did not.

I believe YOUR correct response is: TOUCHE`

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have just as much proof that this actually occurred as you do that it did not.

Apparently you don't have any experience with Ruger, so I'm again calling bullshit. (Just like I called you on your completely off-topic reference to the now-defunct AWB.)

If this were in fact a true story, and it's NOT, then the original poster should have absolutely no problem supplying the names of the individuals involved, dates, and times of the alleged telephone calls, as well as the specific Ruger facilities contacted along with the CORRECT catalog designation of the rifle in question. (HINT: RUGER DOES NOT AND HAS NOT CATALOGUED ANY RIFLE BEARING THE MONIKER "VLF." IT SHOULD BE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO KM77VT MKII.)

This moron's story is completely out of character for Ruger's reputation for customer service, as well as the reality of their service and support of LE firearms in the hands of non-LE owners. (HINT: RUGER DOES NOT CARE AND HAS NEVER CARED WHAT AN OWNER'S LE STATUS IS.)

Perhaps you and the knot head who started this thread should be asking yourselves this: how can the two of you be so right and so many others be so wrong?

I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread. Was it to troubleshoot a rifle? Or was it an opportunity to anonymously air a grievance?

I'm sorry your ego has gotten the best of you and won't allow you to admit wrong, but be a man and just face it.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP, LADIES. LET'S SEE SOME PROOF OF THIS.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

JSG,

Since you jumped all over the guy, calling bullshit and him a liar, perhaps you can offer us some proof of what you say? Why is it NOT possible that what he says happened, actually DID happen?

Do you work for Ruger? Were you even around when the call was made.

Either:

1) You just like jumping in the middle and stirring up shit.

or

2) You can offer some incontrovertible evidence in Ruger's favor. Besides "I have always had good luck with them", I mean.

Which is it?

F6

-----------------------------------------------------
\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F6Hawk:
JSG,

Since you jumped all over the guy, calling bullshit and him a liar, perhaps you can offer us some proof of what you say? Why is it NOT possible that what he says happened, actually DID happen?

Do you work for Ruger? Were you even around when the call was made.

Either:

1) You just like jumping in the middle and stirring up shit.

or

2) You can offer some incontrovertible evidence in Ruger's favor. Besides "I have always had good luck with them", I mean.

Which is it?

F6
Well, let's see young missy. I believe I previously stated that I own an AC556, which is a machine gun. Ruger has never sold these to civilians. Period. I've managed to send mine back for service three or four times over the past two years and I have the correspondence to prove it.

In fact, I have quite a LOT of correspondence on this rilfe and I've dealt with Ruger quite a bit both via telephone and snail mail. Never once has anyone asked me if I'm a cop or even intimated that they would not give me the time of day if I wasn't.

If there was any truth to the original poster's story, and there's not, he ought to be able to provide something tangible, but he won't because he's LYING.

Still trying to figure out the point of his post. Is he trying to troubleshoot a problem? Or his he just launching an anonymous rant? Nobody will answer that. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Ball's back in your court.

One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Apparently you don't have any experience with Ruger, so I'm again calling bullshit. (Just like I called you on your completely off-topic reference to the now-defunct AWB.)

If this were in fact a true story, and it's NOT, then the original poster should have absolutely no problem supplying the names of the individuals involved, dates, and times of the alleged telephone calls, as well as the specific Ruger facilities contacted along with the CORRECT catalog designation of the rifle in question. (HINT: RUGER DOES NOT AND HAS NOT CATALOGUED ANY RIFLE BEARING THE MONIKER "VLF." IT SHOULD BE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO KM77VT MKII.)

This moron's story is completely out of character for Ruger's reputation for customer service, as well as the reality of their service and support of LE firearms in the hands of non-LE owners. (HINT: RUGER DOES NOT CARE AND HAS NEVER CARED WHAT AN OWNER'S LE STATUS IS.)

Perhaps you and the knot head who started this thread should be asking yourselves this: how can the two of you be so right and so many others be so wrong?

I'm still trying to figure out the point of this thread. Was it to troubleshoot a rifle? Or was it an opportunity to anonymously air a grievance?

I'm sorry your ego has gotten the best of you and won't allow you to admit wrong, but be a man and just face it.

As a person (a man, NOT a lady or even a cross dresser for that matter) working IN CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE LAST 20 YEARS, I have seen stupid behavior from great companies you would not believe.

I HAVE actually had dealings with MANY manufacturers, including RUGER. My RUGER experience was pleasant and handled in a timely manner.

The guy he got ahold of at RUGER COULD have been an idiot, because believe it or not, idiots are EVERYWHERE, even at companies that have the absolute best customer service 99.99% of the time.

Obviously YOU have never had a bad day in your life OR EVER MADE A MISTAKE.

one of us
posted Hide Post
He never said that everyone had problems with ruger. One phone call was bad. Have you ever had an issue with one (let's call them) phone idiot, and had to call back or go higher to get resolution?

And unless I am mistaken (I am not all that familiar with Ruger's models), your gun is not exactly a LE gun, is it? More of a once-banned fully-auto weapon.

It is super that you have had nothing but good luck with Ruger, that speaks of their quality service. No one is disputing that. But not everyone at Ruger is perfect, and perhaps the Blob1 situation revolves around a guy who didn't get any the night before or something silly like that.

I just think you came on a bit strong, is all. You ask him to prove it, and save for a recorded phone conversaion (illegal in most states, and in all states without consent), how could he possibly do so?

Oh, well, not my ball of yarn, just think we could do with a sit-back-and-take-a-deep-breath here, is all. Perhaps you could help Blob1 by giving him a name and phone number of a Ruger rep who has done well by you?

Thanks,
F6

\ "If I don't step over the line every now /
/ and then, how will I know where it is?" \

Posts: 148 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 03 December 2004Reply With Quote