New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding FL type S bushing die
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been reloading for a 270 WSM for a little while now. Case stretch is pretty bad with the Hornady New Dimension dies I'm using. Also several stuck cases using these dies and one shot.
Anyway the stuck cases issue can be resolved, I'm looking at the Redding FL type S bushing die to limit case stretch and hopefully make a more accurate round.

Has anyone tried these dies with the WSM's or other cartridges? What do you think?

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
IMO there is no better factory FL die than the type S bushing die. Of course any fl die needs to be set up to work properly and not over work the cases.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
The Redding dies are my go to dies in several calibers. I particularly like the bushing dies and would recomend a neck die and a body only die to give you the maximum amount of control over your reloads.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 243winxb
posted Hide Post
You may want to get a Custom Redding Full length type s bushing die. You send 3 fired cases to Redding and they match the die to your chamber/fired cases. Then you will have the best fit. Price on there website is $121.50. Special order. I use the bushing die in my 243win. works great.

Posts: 1295 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 May 2001Reply With Quote