THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading component inventories way up!!!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
I drifted into our local Sportsman's Warehouse last night and was amazed at the level of inventory of powder, primers,bullets, and ammo being fully stocked. Prices were spot on with a lb of Power Pistol going for $17.59.

Maybe a sign to the end of the panic buying or just Sportsman's vendors being happy with the new owners????

What's it like in your neighborhood???

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I was in our Sportman's Warehouse this afternoon and everything was stocked to the gills. Been this way for about 3 weeks now that I've noticed.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
I drifted into our local Sportsman's Warehouse last night and was amazed at the level of inventory of powder, primers,bullets, and ammo being fully stocked. Prices were spot on with a lb of Power Pistol going for $17.59.

Maybe a sign to the end of the panic buying or just Sportsman's vendors being happy with the new owners????

What's it like in your neighborhood???

I think you are spot on.
Now we(the buying public)need to only purchase what we must. So that prices fall more in line with production costs and reasonable profit. The old supply and demand equation.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
I drifted into our local Sportsman's Warehouse last night and was amazed at the level of inventory of powder, primers,bullets, and ammo being fully stocked.

'Tis a pity Sinclair aren't the same!

Posts: 161 | Location: Australia | Registered: 28 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nappers
posted Hide Post
In our Medford Oregon Sportsman, the inventory wasn't up to snuff couple of weeks ago (2 wks ago Saturday). Today I'm going up and sniff around and see what they have! I'll update later.

====================
You know it's going to be a bad day when you crossthread the cap on the toothpaste

Posts: 31 | Location: No. California | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nappers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nappers:
In our Medford Oregon Sportsman, the inventory wasn't up to snuff couple of weeks ago (2 wks ago Saturday). Today I'm going up and sniff around and see what they have! I'll update later.

Went there today, they had a ton of powders, primers, casings etc since I was last up there (two weeks ago). Too bad I am too broke to pickup some stuff. Oh well, now hopefully they will keep their inventories up.

====================
You know it's going to be a bad day when you crossthread the cap on the toothpaste

Posts: 31 | Location: No. California | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brando
posted Hide Post
I think the "rush" is over for the most part. if you talk to anyone in the gun store/sporting goods business. They have been swamped for the past 2 years. Now the weapon demands and reloading demands are going to fall off back to what we could call a "normal" flow. THat sudden scare of loosing weapon rights and such has drained everyone piggy banks, and all the rich boys playing shooter are done with there hobby. So hopefully now us who actually do this for a reason will be able to do it how we like to. For me the reason I started loading was to save money. $50 for a box of shells is just retarded when I can roll my own for less than $1 a pop.

Posts: 468 | Location: Goldsboro, NC. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Well, we don't have such places in Kommiefornia, so we are still stuck w/ gunshops hammering us w/ retail prices; $27/# of powder & $ $39/1K primers, ridiculous.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sportsman's Warehouse

I just checked, the next time I'm in Vegas I may take a ride up to St. George to Sportsman's Warehouse. The Basspro in LV and else where sells primers by the 100.

Posts: 6400 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
All you Kommiefornians -

Just a friendly reminder that if you live north of about Fresno, it is probably closer to come to Oregon via I-5 than to St.George's, Utah on I-15. There is a Sportsman's Warehouse less than 50 miles into our state.

PLUS, we have NO sales taxes!!

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,

Its less than 25 miles into Oregon to the Sportsman's Whorehouse....

however, don't tell all those California guys..
save that inventory for we Oregon buyers...

since GI Joes shut down, we don't have a lot of options here in Medford area, so I want to see the shelves staying stocked..

was there a few days ago, and the primers on the shelf have declined dramatically in number again..and they are spendy...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
All you Kommiefornians -

Just a friendly reminder that if you live north of about Fresno, it is probably closer to come to Oregon via I-5 than to St.George's, Utah on I-15. There is a Sportsman's Warehouse less than 50 miles into our state.

PLUS, we have NO sales taxes!!

I visited Oregon a couple of weeks ago and had a hard time getting used to getting two cents back from a five dollar bill when the price marked on the magazine was $4.98.

The price we pay for no income tax in Texas is an 8.25% sales tax -- a tax which many "inventive" parties to larger transactions are able to avoid paying through one or another ruse. We also pay an average annually of $3 per hundred valuation on our houses for the privelege of their falling down around us. My monthly "roof" tax bill is around $700 alone.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya know, here in Alaska, no sales tax, no income tax, no nuisance taxes, and here in the interior; no prop taxes;;;; I like it. Course you only get what you pay for and I like the "hold on chester" attitude our crooks in office seem to have.

We live on the Canadian border where the Yukon comes in. My buddy up Dawson bought a Diavari Zeiss. Cost him 2200 Can. Same scope here is 1800 amer; something ain't right? I guess Canadian taxes.

I'm making my first supply run into Fairbanks nx week since our road opened and sure hope they have all the primers & RL 22 I can afford. Wonder if prices have come down some?

When we moved here 20 years back from back east, I hauled 8 cases of 223, 40 guns & pistols and all kinds of other ammo. Didn't report anything when I went into Canada and guy at border never even opened my trailer door; lucky I guess and I would never try that nowadays, ha. Bottomline, I still have most of that win Q3131 & PMC and never have regretted buying it for $179/case way back when. I even have the wifey convinced of it, ha. Helps when I start loading up the cart at sportsmans.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shop Via the internet and there's no sales tax or wasted time and expense of running after it either .

Yes the downfall is shipping and Haz Mat fee , however if you fill the box too the top 50lb it

pencils out rather nicely !. Many places are Finally starting to fill some primer back orders .

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its been full to the rafters since last august here in houston .. just the 4th largest city in the country .. just been short on federal 215M, but they have contracts to fill

if you order enough, they will waive the fee

i guess the sky has stopped falling, hollyweird

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm still looking for F210Ms! Running low! Only have 800 left! Wink

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I actually got some 155 gr. 40 S&W Gold Dots yesterday! They have been unavailable for a year and a half. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Primers keep getting better each week.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no such problems, I hoarded up!

quote:
Originally posted by DaMan:
I'm still looking for F210Ms! Running low! Only have 800 left! Wink

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the stores are stocked around my area, and no more limitations either. I think those that hoarded can hoard no more... Smiler

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I work for a major firearms company and can report that we are still straight out. A good deal of our business is law enforcement/ military then commercial. We have seen no softening of business on the commercial side and LE/Mil sales remain strong.The components sales may have softened some but the guns are still selling strong.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stopped at Grice's Gun shop in PA yesterday. $50 per thousand for CCI small rifle BR primers. These guys should be wearing boots and a gun. Probably bought 40-50 weapons, and all of my components from them over the years. I'm done with them. I'll buy everthing on the web.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brando:
I think the "rush" is over for the most part. if you talk to anyone in the gun store/sporting goods business. They have been swamped for the past 2 years. Now the weapon demands and reloading demands are going to fall off back to what we could call a "normal" flow. THat sudden scare of loosing weapon rights and such has drained everyone piggy banks, and all the rich boys playing shooter are done with there hobby. So hopefully now us who actually do this for a reason will be able to do it how we like to. For me the reason I started loading was to save money. $50 for a box of shells is just retarded when I can roll my own for less than $1 a pop.

It appears that the "sluggish" economy has hit even the panick buyers. Most of the stores around here are catching up on components and gun sales have slowed a bit. still can't always get exactly what you want, but it's gotten WAY better.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What is the sugested list price on primers,i mainly shop at the gun show by my house and primers are running $35-45.

Posts: 38 | Location: seattle,wa | Registered: 29 July 2004Reply With Quote