New
Find
Notify
Tools

GS customs in 7mm Rem
 Login/Join

<Big John>
posted
Has anyone used these bullets in the 7 mm Rem? I used them this year in a 7 STW with good results. Now that hunting season is over it's back to the bench. I want to try my 130gr. HV's in the rem. If you have used them, what load did you find to work and speeds were obtained? FYI- I used 81 gr of 7828 with CCI 250's and rem brass to get 3525fps and .336" 100 yd groups from the STW.

<bearlake>
posted
No i have not. Abit off suject but have you gave the Hornady 162gr A-Max bullets a try yet in your 7mm? A lot of folks have had great luck with them. I have some on order i think they have a BC of .625 or close. Check them out!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
John, I shot my elk with 130HV this year. No problems, RL19, Norma, 210's, well sub-moa. Never found the bullet. Drop from 100 to 300 yards indicated that speed was somewhere 3300 to 3400. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Bill>
posted
Dutch,

What was your charge??? I just got some GS bullets today and I am dying to try them. Any tips would be appreciated.

------------------
www.rifleshooter.com

Save a plant, shoot a deer!

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Bill, I don't list charges on the Net. Don't trust my own typing. It was a couple grains over max, comparable to my 140gr. XLC charge. I loaded 7 cases, 1 grain increments, and the whole lot went into less than 1.5", c-c. I just loaded the neck sized Norma brass, upped it until I could notice a difference in bolt lift, and backed off. I do this with Norma only, since it is soft enough to actually tell you something when pressure rises. HTH, Dutch.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote