New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moly coating your own bullets
 Login/Join

<danev2>
posted
I am thinking about doing the moly bullet thing on my 22-250. Are there kits of any sort that will allow me to moly coat my own?
I went cruising through xtremeaccuracy's website, while I found a nice explanation of the moly process and barrel care I didn't find anyting that suggested a DIY approach.

Thanks for the info...

DV

<gone hunting>
posted
Midway has supplies you need

------------------
born on a mountain, raised in a cave, hunting and fishing is all i crave!

<Santa Claus>
posted
I went with the original, and I do not regret it. Very simple instructions, and very easy to do..

http://www.neconos.com/

<danev2>
posted
Thank you Santa!
Next year could you send me a new gun safe?
Mine is getting full.

I promise I'll be good.

D

<Santa Claus>
posted
Glad to help, I just got the Millenium kit, I think it was 75.00 and you get everything you need except tumblers. It was so easy even I could do it..It would take an awful lot of bullets to use up what they send you..Good luck, and if you get it let me know how it turns out..

PS: I'll just take the guns, that way you will need a smaller safe..See... always a wise Santa

<Scott H>
posted
I use small plastic peanut butter jars with Moly and bullets. Copper BBs will work instead of Ball Bearings. Duct tape the lid on and throw the bottle in the tumbler. Throw some walnut hull in also, (this will help keep the horrible racket to a bearable level.)

I don't use BBs myself, I use bullets and moly and let them run longer.