THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    **Graphic** aftermath of shooting oneself in the leg, and no, it's not me

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

**Graphic** aftermath of shooting oneself in the leg, and no, it's not me
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
negligent discharge

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read the story, it didn't sound like it hurt the instant he was shot, he had to see blood to know he was shot. though I'm sure it hurt later, of course. but I have heard and read several times from people who have been shot that it doesn't hurt right away. huh.

looks like he will make it, good thing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just had a friend blow up a 45-70 marlin and take alot of his left hand with it. LOst some finger tips, alot of meat, skin, every bone in the hand was broken.
The problem was he used 48 grains of AA7 instead of RE7 under a 300 grain bullet. He does alot of pistol reloading and had the AA7 sitting there on the shelf and thought when he looked in the manuals for loads for the 45-70 that "number 7" is "number 7". According to my quickload program it was the equivalent of doubling the RE7 load for pressure. I feel bad because he had called me and asked about some powders I had used and I told him H322 and I4198 had worked good. He asked me if I ever used "number 7" and I never thought of saying make darn sure you use RE7 not AA7!! I load very little pistol and the correlation NEVER came to my mind until I heard it happened. Then it took me about 15 seconds to go.....holly crap I hope he knew the difference between the two powders.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
well kraky, it's certainly appropriate to feel bad, so long as you don't feel at fault.

reloading is dangerous and there can be no mistakes. I hope your friend recovers to the fullest extent possible.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
wow, i have to say i hope both of them heal fast.

the guy that shot himself is lucky he didn't hit bone ..

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38608 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
This shows you have to always be thinking when a firearm is in your hands, or you are handloading ammo...

not long ago, I had a rifle discharge right thru the garage wall, when chambering a round just to test to make sure a finished round was okay before loading up a dozen or so of them...

a worn sear on the rifle turned out to be the reason why..

I broke my own personal rule of never chambering a round inside the garage, mainly because it was night and raining like hell out side...

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote