New
Find
Notify
Tools

paper ammo boxes?
 Login/Join

<gsmithp>
posted
Greetings everyone, pardon me while I butt in with a quick question for the smartest one here...I would like to pack my reloads (.308) into those little 20 round paper boxes with the paper pigeon hole partitions but I'll be danged if I can find who sells them. I've seen them and even had them but now when I want them...nothing. Didn't U.S. mil surp come in them? Anyway, if anyone knows where I can get a bale of them I'd appreciate a shout. Thanks and happy shooting. Pete

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Cabella
Graf
and most reloading supply houses

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<hotdog>
posted
Paper has sulfur It'll tarnish brass. Put ur shells in plastic even ziploc bags is bettern paper boxes. Luck hotdog.

<Lefty223>
posted

<auto>
posted
I bought some a number of years ago from Midway supply in Mo. It is a kit kind of thing, with a styrafoam block with 20 holes in it, and a white pastboard box that you kind of form into its shape. It comes in short (for .22.250, .243,.308) and long (for 25.06, .270, 7mm mag) I guess you get the idea. There are some lables that are included. You can call Midway at their toll free number 1-800-243-3220.

<Crash>
posted
Pete....Try Scharch Mfg., www.scharch.com, $16.00 per 100.

<.>
posted
Yeah, well . . . I'm a scrounge.

I pick up the plastic blocks and the boxes off the range. "Gravel pits" are generally strewn with them. The cardboard box is fairly durable, even if wet and in good shape, the boxes dry out just fine.

But I prefer the plastic cases. More durable in the back pack, better protection for all that precision reloading work I did.

<gsmithp>
posted
Thanks to everyone for your replys . Crash..Scharch has exactly the paper boxes I've been looking for. All the other reloading suppliers I found had only plastic or styrofoam and were much higher priced. Thanks a heap. May you visit the X-rings often, Pete