THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    A question on the Nosler 52gr HPBT Custom Competition bullets

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question on the Nosler 52gr HPBT Custom Competition bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted
Does anyone know if they are the same as the Nosler 52gr Match they used to make?

I made some great groups with them in a Remington 700 .223 years ago.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have read somewhere recently that Nosler quietly dropped the use of the J4 jackets some time ago.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure about if they are the same as the older match 52 gn bullet, but the new ones are very accurate in a 222 Rem I have. With benchmark powder, I got one group at 100 yards that measured .147 for 3 shots. That's the best group I've shot with that rifle with any 50, or 52 gn bullet, and I've tested all of them.

Edit to add: The rifle is a Rem 722 in 222 made in the early 1950's and there has been no tuning to the rifle at all, except for a trigger adjust. Not bad accuracy for an old rifle. I used a 20x scope for that group.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've set them side-by-side, and visually cannot tell the difference.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are easily the most accurate bullet in my CZ 527. I have no idea if they have changed since they were introduced, but they sure do shoot well for me.

Posts: 132 | Location: Huntertown,Indiana | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote