THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    For .270 Win. + Reloder 22...favorite primers???

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For .270 Win. + Reloder 22...favorite primers???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted
I've pretty much always used WLR primers for this cartridge/powder combo. Any others I should try?

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had more consistant results using std primers rather than mag primers with RL 19,RL22 and RL 25. I would stay with the win primer.

Posts: 2436 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<sure-shot>
posted
You might try the Fed 210s. The Win WLR primers you are using are pretty good primers also. I believe the Win magnum primers use the designation WLRM. sure-shot

<bearmanmt>
posted
RSY,
I've been reloading for almost 30 years and have had many "favorite" primers. Win's have been great. NOW I have a "NEW" favorite. Federal 210Ms and standard 210s. I have used these in every load/caliber combo that I have where Mag primers aren't required and they have been super. Next year? Who knows? 2002 is still a few hours away!
The Bearman

one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I use RL-22 in my .270 Win loads also. I use Federal 210s to light the fire.

------------------
BH1

"Did you use excessive force?---I HIT IT WITH EVERYTHING I HAD!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I always used WLRM's in the 270 with RL22... Alliant reccomends non-magnum primers with RL22 however, though I never had problems.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Federal 210's, or 210M's are an excellent choice. I find the Federals leave the primer pocket cleaner than Win or CCI primers.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Fanback>
posted
I use CCI 250's with any powder slower than IMR4831 in my 270 Win. This business about magnum primers necessarily giving less consistent results is false.

posted Hide Post
I was told by an industry engineer to always use standard primers with the Reloader series. Since switching from magnums to standard primers my accuracy is more consistent and the ES is much less.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote