New
Find
Notify
Tools

35 Whelen & Re 15
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, I've been using IMR4064 in my 35Whelen and it has been working good, but I hear a lot of people raving about Re 15 so I went out and bought a can to give it a try. I'm shooting sierra 225's and Nosler BT 225's. Would anyone like to share a good accurate load with me. I have a lot of older reloading manuals that don't include a lot of Alliant powder loads. I like to do all my experimenting in the off season. I also don't like to push the envelope on my loads. I like them fairly tame. Thanks for the help, Roger.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
RL-15 From 50.0 grains to 60.0 grains
Federal 210 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i use 57.0 in 1 rifle & 59.0 in the other..reduce & work up of course

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve & Tom, I'll give it a try. I don't know when I'll make it back to the range . I came down with a case of the shingles. Go figure. Talk about painful. Ouch. Have a good day, Roger.

Posts: 495 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
For 225 gr 60 gr is max....

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've worked up loads to 60-61 gr of RL15 for 225 gr Nosler Parts. Velocity and accuracy was excellent but case life was short. I settled on 58-59 gr for both the Noslers and the Sierras.

Posts: 407 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote