Find
Notify
Tools

264 W M BRASS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of deerslayer64d
posted
Hello I am new to this site but thought maybe yall could help me : I am looking for new 264 win mag brass, I tried midway with no luck same with fin &feather outfitters,bass pro , cabales , sportsman whearhouse , do yall know any other places I could check ? thanks in advance Gordon

Posts: 52 | Location: springbranch TX | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Last ones I got were these
at Graf's.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I buy for my 264 is 7Mag brass and neck size in the 264WM die and load it. Just as accurate as the 264 brass if possible more accurate and everybody has it.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of deerslayer64d
posted Hide Post
LD I did not know that 7mag brass was same !! so I can just get 7mag brass and resize it with the 264 dies and be good to go ?

Posts: 52 | Location: springbranch TX | Registered: 12 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try midwayusa or graf&sons

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of deerslayer64d
posted Hide Post
midway nor grafs has any ???

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
One of the reasons I don't own a 264. 7RM will do the same things better with less trouble finding components stir

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deerslayer64d:
LD I did not know that 7mag brass was same !! so I can just get 7mag brass and resize it with the 264 dies and be good to go ?

Essentially, yes. There may be some theoretical lenghtening of the brass and thickening of the neck when the .284" I.D. neck is squeezed down to .264", however if you start with new brass (highly recommended) the length is likley not an issue (simply trim if it is) and the very slight thickening of the neck usually just makes it fit the normally oversized chamber better.

Using your .264 FL sizing die, do not first screw it all the way down against the shell holder. Start with it appx .05" off of the shell holder and screw it down incrementally just enough to allow the resized 7mm Mag brass to enter your .264 chamber without resistance. This will ensure that your base-to-shoulder headspace is perfect for your rifle, something you can't always get with under-sized factory brass and over-sized chambers.

Posts: 13232 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have sized 7Mag brass in F/L die and in neck sizer die, I have sized once fired brass and new brass both ways. They all feed and fire in my custom barreled 264WM rifle like they are specially made for it. It works for me, but may not chamber in your rifle, though I don't know why it wouldn't. As I stated in my previous post, I won't buy anymore 264 brass, period. Out of 100 pcs. of new Win. 264 brass I had 13 that split the necks just in front of the shoulder. Eleven split the first firing and two more split after the second firing. I have shot the 7Mag brass in it many times without a single loss of a case.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of deerslayer64d
posted Hide Post
I wonder why you had so many split ? that seeme like alot , I found some at http://www.chestnutridge.com/ was kinda pricey but got 100 anyway lol, thanks for yalls help I will have to try a few 7mm rounds some time ! thanks again ,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot both 264WM and7mmRM rifles, so I prefer to use brass that is headstamped correctly. Other wise, either will work fine.

Posts: 273 | Location: Dakota | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post

They have .264 most of the time
muskrat

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:

They list 100+ bags in stock. $19/50

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote