New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5-06 Ackley 40 degree loads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
OK folks, I would like a little help if you please. While I have the facilities and equipment to develop loads, I would like to speed up the process a bit due to a trip coming up in 2 weeks.

I would like some load info using the 95 grain VMAX, Nosler 125 grain Partition and Hornady 129 grain bullets.

I found some great loads in the reloading section for 140 grainers.

Pecos

Posts: 93 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pecos, Try 60-61gr. RL25 behind those 125-129gr. pills. works REAL good for me, my rifle has a long throat, and will digest 62 with a 120. I use 60 with the 140`s. Best powder I`ve tried so far.

Posts: 370 | Location: Memphis, TN. U.S.A. | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
<Jn316>
posted
Hey Pecos, where you from in Texas. I grew up in Pecos..... Ray

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Pecos,

I used Norma MRP with the 125 Nosler in my 6.5-06 -- which is *not* an improved chambering. 55.0 gr was very accurate, and 57.0 was a bit too hot for this rifle. The barrel is a Shilen 9" twist and seems to be on the tight side.

I also have about 240 Nosler 125s left in my stash if you need some bullets at a good price. I am using the Swift bullet now.

jim

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I grew up and went to school in Valentine Ray, now live in Breckenridge, Stephens county.

Jim, I am always looking for bullets at a good price, email me details at kshort@kroo.com.

Pecos

Posts: 93 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With Quote