New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Got Free Reloading Equip. Today
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The neighbor cleaned his garage over the weekend and decided he didn't want his departed fathers reloading stuff.Hasn't been used since his dad died 10 plus years ago.Been sittin' on a shelf in his garage ever since.

He was going to throw all of it away.

I asked if I could have it and took it home clap

RCBS Rockchucker Supreme-Pretty old,70's era?Maybe older.

RCBS Dies in 5 different calibers
22-250; 32-40; 44 mag.; .357; 30.06

O-Haus 10-0-5 Beam Scale

Forster Case Trimmer

600 CCI Small Pistol Primers

800 CCI Lg. rifle Primers

300 Remington 5 1/2 primers

4 lbs. of 4 different powders

122 - .45 long colt cases-unknown # of firings

45-70 cases - 50 of 'em - unknown # of firings

The press handle and ram were moderatly rusted.A little C-L-R and 0000 steel wool brought it back to better than usable life!

The dies look O.K. Some rust on the knurling, but look fine on the inside.

Scale is in its original box. Looks like new.

Case trimmer, well, that will find its way scrap pile. Too much rust to bother. What a shame.

All powders will be turned to fertilizer as they were stored in said garage for way too long in less than ideal conditions.{i.e.Wis. temp./ humidity swings]

I couldn't believe my good fortune and wanted to share this with you.

If you want any of the cases I'll send them to you. FREE!!

The dies will end up in the classifieds someday.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
i will pay shipping on the 45-70 cases pm me if interested.

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 604 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good deal!!! Rockchucker is a great press. Ohaus is an OK balance.

Too bad the case trimmer is badly rusted. It too was a very decent tool.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You lucky dog you. dancingBe sure to do something nice for him.Good Luck

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice score!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd load up some middlin' loads with the powders and see if they really have gone 'round the bend. Maybe they are still good. If kept sealed with the little foam roundies under the caps, they might still be just fine.....

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you want to sell the 44mag dies.

Congrats on reloading equiptment.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
good on you ..
its NOT a supreme, that's a new press, this century, not previous
RC5, perhaps?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39721 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
o gee - a rusty case trimmer - poor you dancing beeryour neighbor wouldn't be related to obama would he? hilbilyi guess that's your stimulus

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
o gee - a rusty case trimmer

I resemble that statement! Big Grin

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
me too, but it's not just the case trimmer thats rusty Eeker CRYBABY

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You really got a great pile of goodies!

The Rock Chucker that age isn't a Supreme but it's good anyway.

The powder and primers should be fine.

That 1005 is the gold standard of scales.

External rust on dies, trimmer, etc, will likely clean up nicely on a high speed wire buffing wheel.

PM sent.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Homebrewer,the powders were stored in their original containers ,However, the H-110 smelled sorta rancid.The other powders are IMR 4350 and 3031.In the old, and I mean old metal cans.They are rusty and they do not smell like the 4350 that I have on hand.I feel that those old powders are not now what they were then.Doesn't seem prudent to use them.Just isn't worth the risk.

This isn't meant to be a flame,but if you smelled these,I don't think you would use them either.

Jim C,

I'll try the high speed wire wheel.I have a dremel and give 'er a whirl.Won't hurt to try.

Posts: 147 | Location: Green Co.,Wis | Registered: 07 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

PM on dies.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote