New
Find
Notify
Tools

358 STA brass?
 Login/Join

<ss8541>
posted
Does anyone know where I can get preformed 358 STA brass? I know A-square used to offer it, but I can't find them.
Thanks
Vince

<Bill>
posted
Asquare has gone the way of the Dodo.

Try these guys, they list ity on thier webpage:

http://www.owlnet.com/quality/358%20STA.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why would you want pre-formed brass? It won't fit your custom chamber as well as .416 Remington brass run into your resizing die just far enough to allow it to chamber. This will leave a small "shoulder" where the larger 416 brass was squeezed to .358 and make for perfect headspacing. I suspect you'll find fully as good accuracy or better on the first shot with brass formed this way as with pre-formed brass.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Paul Dustin>
posted
I would agree with Stonecreek. You would be
better off custom forming it to your chamber. This is how I do the wildcat cartridge I make brass for and it works fine

<phurley>
posted
I got mine at Superior Ammo in South Dakota. The brass was perfect and shoots great. Good Shooting.

------------------

posted Hide Post
Vince,
Just run a .375H&H case into your .358STA sizing die. Fireform with inexpensive .357" handgun bullets and you're done.

If you must have correctly-headstamped brass, contact MAST or Owlnet.

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<ss8541>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Vince,
Just run a .375H&H case into your .358STA sizing die. Fireform with inexpensive .357" handgun bullets and you're done.

If you must have correctly-headstamped brass, contact MAST or Owlnet.

George

Thanks for the info guys. I know how to form the brass, but I have a friend that is worried about bringing brass into Canada this year that doesn't say the same thing as his rifle barrel. I don't think there will be a problem, but he is worried about it.
Thanks,
Vince