New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lazzeroni Rifles
 Login/Join

<Caveman>
posted
Does anyone own a Lazzeroni Rifle? If so, what caliber? Do you like it? How does it shoot? Thanks - Corey

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got the first 9.53 HellCat (.375) that Lazzeroni built...based on the Patriot case necked up to .375. Duplicates (easily) the performance of a .375 H&H in a case no longer than a .308 Winchester. John uses all premium components. Full-power hunting loads with 300gr Nosler Partitions usually touch at 100 yards, Swifts do a bit better but plate a bit more copper, solids shoot so well it's a bit scary. The rifles are a bit pricy and you can probably duplicate his components and save a few dollars but it's up to you. If you decide to built your own don't scrimp on the action....buy one McMillan just as Lazzeroni does.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems I read recently that there is a move afoot to have Savage make some low end rifles in Lazz chamberings. It could be the poor mans way of getting into a hot cartridge. Savage has a reputation for accurate rifles. Good hunting "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Hoghead>
posted
Corey,
I just bought a "Warbird" >30 cal Lazzeroni.It's a .30 cal on a necked down .404 Jefferys case. Man what a Huckelberry!!! Great Shooter!! Can't wait to see how it performs on my B.C. moose hunt this September.
Hoghead
quote:
Originally posted by Corey:
Does anyone own a Lazzeroni Rifle? If so, what caliber? Do you like it? How does it shoot? Thanks - Corey

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Corey,

We have several of John Lazzeroni's rifles here. They are very well made, and they meet all the specs the manufacturers say, regarding both velocity and accuracy.

In my own dealing with John, He seemed to be a very knowldgeable and honest man. He delivered all our rifles on time.

In fact, I remember asking him about necking his 416 down to 375. At that time he did not have this in his line up. He did not hesitate at all, he said if I wanted one, he would be very happy to build one for me. But he did not have any brass for it. I just told him to send me 416 brass and I would form my own.

I got the rifle. It shot very well, driving a 300 grain Barnes X at over 3140 fps.

If you look at our Reloading section, you will see data for several of his cartridges.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 67028 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote