Find
Notify
Tools

Ballistics programs
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted
Which is the most useful program for working with obsolete and wildcat calibers in calculating pressure and velocity of new loads?

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quickload
Check it at www.neconos.com

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
waitaminit,

Thanks. I have been considering QuickLoad or Load From A Disk, but the demo of QuickLoad did seem to offer more possibilities for non-standard calibers.

Jim

one of us
Picture of Bob338
posted Hide Post
Look at AccuLoad as well. Similar to QuickLoad for internal ballistics but with a bunch more bells and whistles for gun inventory, load storage, etc. Do a Search here. It's been rehashed many times.

Posts: 1261 | Location: Placerville, CA, US of A | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim, I use QuickLoad for a while already and ordered LFAD for curiosity: you get what you pay for.
One day I'll buy AccuLoad as well - right now it is still too new and within too flawy (what I read).
But the AccuLoad people seem to be quite knowledgeable and permanently improving their product so that it will be an attractive reloading tool in a year or so.

What I miss in QL is the AccurateArms powder selection - which is not Mr. Br�mel's fault: AA fails to provide the propellant data necessary for the calculations.

Posts: 367 | Location: former western part of Berlin, Germany | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Every time I'v downloaded the QL demo at neconos,I get a "corrupted setup file" message?? [Confused]
Jeff

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Thanks for your replies. I have decided to try Calculoader before deciding on whether to go with the full Accuload or with Quickload (Calculoader is relatively inexpensive, and can be upgraded to the full Accuload program). I have tried the Quickload demo, and it seems very promising, but I have been impressed with the responsiveness of the Accuload developers in looking back at previous posts concerning ballistics programs on this site.

Jim

<RickMD>
posted
If you're looking for world class service try AccuLoad. I had problems running the initial version on a XP Professional system but the newest version (2.03) seems to have solved all problems. These guys are great!

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The newest update of QL has several of the AA powders. One drawback to QL is it's failure to accurately predict pressures, etc. in straight or nearly straight walled cartridges like 45-70 or 416 Rigby. I understand that Hartmut and MM are working on this, but no promises. This is all explained in the manual (has to do with powder column shift). I have used QL for a number of years and it is a superb program, but does have it's limitations. Those limitations can easily be surmounted with good manuals and a chronograph.

Posts: 13 | Location: Washington | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With Quote
<bigcountry>
posted
What about for guy that doesn't want chamber pressures and all. But more a very accurate bullistics calculator and maybe a catalog of loads? And doesn't have the 150 dollars for a program? I know Lee makes one and Sierra.