New
Find
Notify
Tools

The NEW Bore Foam Copper Cleaner
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone noticed any bore damage from the new bore foams? Also, is there is any difference between the Wipeout and the bore foam available through WallMart - that is, the GunSlick or Oeuter's brands?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used Wipe Out for a couple of years and have had absolutely no problems. It is the only foam I have used.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Wipeout has NO ammonia... I don't know if the others do or do not.

No ammonia is a big plus for me.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The other ones stink ( smell bad) it is like a very heavy petrolem smell but they seam to work fine but I perfer the wipe out!

You can't kill them setting on the couch.

Posts: 413 | Location: Roamin' the U.S. for Uncle Sam. | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I`ve used both Wipe out & Forsters (sp?)foam and both have recommended leaving it in over night on heavy fouling. I haven`t noticed any harm and leave it as directed every time I clean. I`m still useing Wipeout it is easier to find in my area then the other brands and I have experiance with it.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunslick is the only one I've used - and with GREAT results! The petroleum smell is VERY mild, about like Vaseline.

I can see no reason yet to try any other. Spray it in, wait half an hour, swab out with 3 patches and I'm DONE! Big Grin

edit: Oh, and my Sendero is still putting 'em in less than 3/4"... Less than 1/2" if I "only" shoot 3 shots! With the stainless barrel, I don't use any oiled patches.

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I use Outers w/ the little tube.

Works like a charm. Spray it in and forget it. Clean it out w/ patches a few hours later. Haven't noticed any harm from it and been using it for almost two years.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That's been my experience as well. Just checking in case I was missing something.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A little tip for you that use WipeOut, I stuck an 8" piece of automotive tubing on the the WipeOut nozzle, the OD of the tubing fits most of my chambers, when the end is pressed against the shoulder in the chamber, it seals it and keeps the foam from coming back into the action. Just wait for the foam to quit coming out the muzzle from the residual pressure, then remove it from the chamber.

Tim

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote