THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Why is Homeland Security buying 1.6 billion rounds+ of ammo?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is Homeland Security buying 1.6 billion rounds+ of ammo?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
Simple. To make sure that the citizens don't.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My question is who got this,or these contracts?
Whom ever did will sure be busy for awhile,but that being said...........seem as tho the other companies would have a chance to rule the market place.....sales wise.It would be a prime chance indeed.
Does anybody know who got these contracts,and who didn't? Thanks,
D.P.Reynolds

Posts: 19 | Location: The best country on earth,and damn near the worst state....Maryland.....it is below the Mason-Dixon line....but not by much! | Registered: 20 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PaulS
posted Hide Post
The sales are through a broker to all the ammo makers. The sales will not go through though because congress just opened a bill that would restrict the ammo purchases and cut this one short.

It won't help much until people stop panic buying and hoarding supplies. The folks I spoke with (in the industry) said thay only about 14% of their sales are military and government the other 86% goes to the general public. There is no shortage just mass buying by the public.
If you doubt it tell me which government agency uses 22RF ammo.........

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Living in a state where the dregs (read leading edge) of progressive politician's are the status quo. I'm quite proud of our American representatives provided by other states.

Thanks to all you Okies for setting a good example!

Oops is "Okies" a PC or U.N. PC term that shouldn't be used? Here you can't say what's on your mind if you don't know your audience and want to keep your job or not get sued.

Sadly we have to look to the other states to remind us of what it takes to exercise Freedom.

Minkman

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote