New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burnt Powder residue build up and pressure
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do you think burnt powder/primer resudue built up inside a case after several reloadings will effect pressure(higher) compared to new brass with the same load?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it'such a thin film it would be pretty much meaningless in the scheme of things??

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
While my instinct says maybe, my gut says yeah... Some smart SOB with real world knowledge is going to shoot me down as usual. Till then I'll stick with the original Newton and remember that two objects cannot occupy the same space at the same time. (Unless of course they are Siamese!

If indeed there is a change I would expect it to be very minor, and obviousily related to the change in volume of the case.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What evidence do you have that the burnt powder residue "builds up?" Or are you refering to black powder? If it builds up, wouldn't it be measureable, as in weigh more? I reserve my answer until I have proof of a build up!

I'll give you a hint, if it does build up,(get thicker), then of course it will increase pressure!

if you run, you just die tired

It's not that life is so short, it's that death is sooo long!

Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Your faithful dog

Posts: 596 | Location: Oshkosh, Wi USA | Registered: 28 July 2001Reply With Quote