Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7mm RUM any loads!
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any loads for a 7rum? 140gr comb tech,98 grains RL25.@3700fps Rem 700BDL lefthand 26"

posted Hide Post
Caution that is max load!!

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
You're way over your head with that load...

RL-25 From 84.5 grains to 93.5 grains
Federal 215 Primer

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks Ricci but shows no pressure and shoots 3shots half inch groups!!! And accurate enough to hit Crows at 350 plus!! And Brass resizes great!!!
Would do better but recoil get to me!!

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I hate to nit-pick, but one of my pet peeves is when someone defends a load by saying it "shows no pressure."

And, I am not saying your load is not safe (although it seems rather stout to me). But back on track:

Without PRESSURE, the bullet would still be in the case. (I realize what you meant to say what that your load did not exhibit EXCESSIVE pressure.)

Another pet peeve is when police department "spokespersons" give info to the press such as : "small caliber automatic" or ".38 caliber revolver." And it's yet another pet peeve when the writers/reporters aren't sharp enough to ask a question and right the wrong. (The latter is especially irritating to me because I worked in the journalism world for 15 years.)

Posts: 9379 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I worked up a 7mm RUM,150 gr Scirocco load to what I'm reasonably certain now, was overpressure(3600fps) and it showed no excessive pressure signs,re primers,sticky bolt,extraction marks,excessive CHE,nada.Have heard since others have noticed the phenom, seen(or not seen) the same thing.The problem lies with accumulated strain on receiver,etc,not the fact that it did'nt blow up this time.Be carefull out there.
Jeff

Posts: 236 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the receiver was stressing woudn't it show on the case?

Posts: 97 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
#1 RICCI, who made Steve God?#2 Bob Who said any thing about journalism? I was not asking your opinion on my load! I was asking for loads of this caliber! Maybe even in other weight of bullets!!!

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrJeep:
#1 RICCI, who made Steve God?#2 Bob Who said any thing about journalism? I was not asking your opinion on my load! I was asking for loads of this caliber! Maybe even in other weight of bullets!!!

For a new person...you have a lot of balls!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sometimes it takes balls to try something different. Try a Federal 215 primer with 90gr Rl-22 and a 140gr bullet just for kicks. should get you in the same neighborhood (velocity wise) [Wink]

Posts: 97 | Location: Mo. | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote