Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nickel plated brass
 Login/Join

posted
I just wanted to see if anyone has used any of it. I am thinking about getting some for my 280 because that is all that Sportsman's warhouse has in stock and I wanted to get some opinions on it. Thanks guys!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used both plated and non-plated brass in 264Win and they both load and shoot the same. The only advantage to the nickle plated stuff is it is resistant to tarnishing.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum!!! wave

See this thread.

You'll find varying differences in opinion.

I currently have some for my 300 WM that I'm testing. My jury is still out on what I like or don't lke about them.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've used it in a couple different rifle calibers. I don't really care for it for pretty the same reasons that you'll find in the link by graybird. It's fine for handgun rounds. But, if I needed it and couldn't find the caliber in plain brass, I'd go for it.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used it in my .280 rem. no problem. winchester uses alot of nickel plated in there factory stuff..

Posts: 1137 | Location: SouthCarolina | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote