Find
Notify
Tools

Quickload on a laptop
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted
My Laptop doesn't have a disk drive. I copied the Disc to a memory stick but it looks like Quickload won't install from a USBdrive. Anyone else try this.

I'll get an e.mail out to them today.

Rich

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its actually pretty primitive coding .. it has to write to your winnt or windows directory, as it relies on vbrun.dll and some other files for security/DRM

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get an external disk drive to connect by USB from Office Depot and places like that but they are around $50.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could try to convert the QL cd into a .iso file with another PC/NB, then put it on a USB key and read it with Daemon tool on your NB; it's a free software. I think it can work.

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try copying it from your USB stick to a folder in the root directory of the hard drive. Then try installing from your harddrive. If you originally copied all files (some may be hidden), then like many other programs I installed this way, it will work.

N. Colorado

Posts: 6 | Location: N. Colorado | Registered: 15 April 2009Reply With Quote