New
Find
Notify
Tools

221 FireBall Bullet Selection.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up a CZ 527 in 221 FireBall. It has a 1/12 twist. What bullet weight do you think will be a good starting point for this rifle.

Thanks.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My CZ 527 221 Fireball shoots Sierra 40 grain BlitzKing's with 16.0 grains of Hodgdon Lil'Gun really well.

-- Scott

Posts: 47 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
steve

i agree with the above post. shoots real well out of my xp100 also.

i used vmaxs and barnes xlc and all shot under an inch @ 100yds.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RareBear
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if anyone has tried the 30 grain Bergers in a .221 Fireball?

Posts: 166 | Location: Cardington, Ohio, USA, 3rd rock from the sun, Milkyway Galaxy | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
imho the 30gr is too light for this country, by that i mean any where the wind blows a lot, and would fly around like fernandos screw ball.

they lose speed in a hurry also.

PLEASE EXCUSE CAPS, HANDICAPPED TYPIST.

"THE" THREAD KILLER

IT'S OK......I'VE STARTED UP MY MEDS AGAIN. THEY SHOULD TAKE EFFECT IN ABOUT A WEEK. (STACI-2006)

HAPPY TRAILS

HANDLOADS ARE LIKE UNDERWEAR....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU SWAP WITH.

BILL

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManCannon
posted Hide Post
I've had excellent success with Hornady's V-Max 40gr out of my Fireball. Cheap, accurate, and very effective on a variety of varmints Big Grin

"The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass; and beyond there is a different country." - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Posts: 385 | Location: Midwestern Corn Desert | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote