New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady discontinued the 100gr 7mm hp
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
If you use these, you might better stock up. I find them useful for reduced loads and teaching folks how to shoot

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady is also canning the 154 grain RN in 7mm and the 160 grain RN in 6.5 mm...

I have already sent them a letter of complaint..

good bread and butter products and they can them because shooting rags have everyone convinced they need some bullet called "premium" with a plastic tip on it anymore.. or they are not cool and up to date 'with it'...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most likely they don't sell enough to make a profit with them. Bullets sitting in inventory waiting to be sold cost money and few businesses in today's economy can afford to pay for what does not sell. Production line space needs to be filled with profitable items, and niche bullets don't fit.

Hornady discontinued the great .338/200FN some years ago - it was the only suitable jacketed bullet for the .33 WCF and one I liked for downloaded .338 magnum loads. But how many did they sell? Darn few I'd guess. Sending caustic e-mails may make us feel better, but business is business today, and if we want our shooting vendors to stay in business they have to make business decisions, not emotional ones.

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote