New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nosler Accubond load info
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody know where I can find some load info for these bullets? I'm loading in .270. Nosler's website has very limited data and I was hoping to find more options. Any ideas?

Posts: 29 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 19 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They'll recommend using their ballistic tip data if you ask them....

quote:
*For load data, please contact us directly at 1-800-285-3701 ext. 1046.

http://nosler.com/index.php?p=25

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Other than the monometal bullets, most cup-and-core bullets of the same weight can use the same starting loads. If you'll note, for example, the data in the Nosler Manual is applicable to all bullet weights in a caliber(and even some weights as much as 5 grains different), without regard to whether the bullet is a partition, ballistic tip, or other. The same is true of most manuals.

The variations between individual rifles will cause as much or more variation in velocity/pressure as the difference in two bullets of the same weight in the same rifle. So, don't worry so much about using bullet-specific data as working up your load carefully and systematically with whatever bullet you are using.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This worked for me in my Beretta Mato 270 Winchester, 3 shots at 200yds:

WW Cases, GM210M Federal Primers, Bersined to .0012 Runout or less.
You can try other powders mentioned for other 140gr bullets but RL-22 seems to work really well in the 270 Winchester. My Sako Finnlite 270 Win likes a grain more with 130gr TSX's.......................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is a little off topic but what sort of reloading dies do you use dj?

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DrWatson69
posted Hide Post
I was shooting 140gr Ballistic Tips switched over to Accubonds and changed nothing.
140gr Accubond
Winch. or frontier brass
Fed 210 primer
H4831SC at 58grs (max load so work up to it)
O.A.L set at 3.350
Shoots .5 inch groups easily in Browning A-bolt

Posts: 66 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
This worked for me in my Beretta Mato 270 Winchester, 3 shots at 200yds:

WW Cases, GM210M Federal Primers, Bersined to .0012 Runout or less.
You can try other powders mentioned for other 140gr bullets but RL-22 seems to work really well in the 270 Winchester. My Sako Finnlite 270 Win likes a grain more with 130gr TSX's.......................DJ

Wow! that is close to the 200 yard Bench rest Record...

200 yard Aggregate
R. Serain, FRA 1991 .2613
M. Rattigan, USA 1999 .2180

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
Wow! that is close to the 200 yard Bench rest Record...

200 yard Aggregate
R. Serain, FRA 1991 .2613
M. Rattigan, USA 1999 .2180

Of course there is a huge difference between shooting 3 shot groups and shooting 10 shot groups like they did when they earned the records........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
That is still some great shooting with a hunting rifle. I couldn't touch it at 100 yards with anything I own. Well done!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WyFLyGuy:
Anybody know where I can find some load info for these bullets? I'm loading in .270. Nosler's website has very limited data and I was hoping to find more options. Any ideas?

Actually just for fun, I tried some H1000 as well as my usual powders: IMR4831, 4350, H4831, 4350, and Re19, 22. For whatever reason, the H1000 produced top velocities in this particular rifle and grouped 3 shots in 3/4". That's not bad for a hunting rifle that will be used in areas where a long shot is 300 yards.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns