Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AK47 Case getting scratched
 Login/Join

posted
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I have a new AK47 and have the Dillon XL650 setup to do reloads, but I notice that when the empty case is ejected from the gun that the side of the case is scratched with some brass removed. This scratch is about 1/2 inch long.

My question is, should I worry about this and reload the brass, or is this something I should have checked out with the gun. I am hoping that others here reload Ak47 brass.

Gary

Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin' - John Wayne, True Grit

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Gary,
likely its getting scratched on the sripper clip feeding slots... feel them and see if sharp.. the remedy is obvious

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38640 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only AK I ever shot, threw the empties out hard enough to put a dent in the side of the case. No thought of reloading them. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
sripper clip feeding slots

Jeffeosso,

Being new the AK, what/where are these located? My AK is an ATI model with the milled receiver and there are lots of "sharp" edges inside the receiver.

Gary

Well, a gun that's unloaded and cocked ain't good for nothin' - John Wayne, True Grit