Find
Notify
Tools

*DELETED*
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Post deleted by BoydHeaton

Posts: 100 | Location: Lock Haven,Pa | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Why? So our account can be suspended because we post a link to another site?

Bullshit!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you know, I went to your site and there is a prohibition against posting links to other sites. I would suggest either you remove your rules against posting links to other sites from your site, or remove the post from this site, or you accept my nomination as hypocrite of the year.

Of course, if you meant this as a joke, and I just did not get the irony of it, then I apologize and remove my nomination. If its not a joke, than please accept my nomination. Or put differently, I believe your shot hit someone elses target.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Bullshit! Pure bullshit!!

There is no way that anyone can post a link on my site!

As a matter of fact, there is no way that anyone can post anything on my site.

And there are NO rules for using my site!

Get you shit straight...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Bullshit! Pure bullshit!!

There is no way that anyone can post a link on my site!

As a matter of fact, there is no way that anyone can post anything on my site.

And there are NO rules for using my site!

Get you shit straight...

Deleted due to wh

Posts: 100 | Location: Lock Haven,Pa | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And as an add on here Steve...We have allowed a link to your web page...And if you were banned or whatever.It was not because of your link....It was for your attitude toward the site owners

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Funny...I always though "PM" indicated a "Private Message"...

To post a private message in a public forum is "not nice"...

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Quote:

And as an add on here Steve...We have allowed a link to your web page...And if you were banned or whatever.It was not because of your link....It was for your attitude toward the site owners

The original complaint offered by someone at that site was that I had "broken guidelines" which were not set-up or published at the time I made the post.

As requested by the sender of that message, I went back and deleted the links in the reloading forum to my Reloading Pages (which I placed there because I thought they might be useful to some of YOUR users).

Next thing I know, I am banned for 30 days...with NO explaination...

At any rate, this is becomming a pissing contest, and I am too damn old and too tired to get involved in one of them...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Funny...I always though "PM" indicated a "Private Message"...

To post a private message in a public forum is "not nice"...

No maybe it is'nt.....But,I thought people should see that we offered you pretty much run of your own part of the forum.And you are pissed about the fact we asked you to take a off a link to your site which was explained in the pm...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boyd-

I've always liked you, Darryl, and the rest of the crowd from LRH and the WildcatShooting, but I gotta tell you, this little episode here has changed my opinion.

You are reminding me of Swamp all over again. Once you feel that you are "in charge" of something, the attitude changes, it's "my way or the highway", etc. You seem to have no problem flexing your muscles over little things, before anybody even knows about your forum. At least Swamp had a semi-popular and well-known forum before he lost his mind.

I don't imagine though that this will be an issue for long. I hate to say it, but I think your little forum is doomed from the beginning. Guys are either going to avoid it completely (without ever even checking it out now), or you'll find a way to alienate them once they are there. If it survives at all, it will end up being about a half-dozen guys sitting around saying "Screw them man, we didn't need them anyway. This is OUR place, and we don't want them here..."

Boyd, you were a good poster on the other sites. Maybe you should stick to what you do best, and leave the site-running to someone else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold Bore, I agreewith you and steve, I don't have time for this crap.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... You seem to have no problem flexing your muscles over little things, before anybody even knows about your forum. ...I don't imagine though that this will be an issue for long. I hate to say it, but I think your little forum is doomed from the beginning. Guys are either going to avoid it completely (without ever even checking it out now), or you'll find a way to alienate them once they are there. If it survives at all, it will end up being about a half-dozen guys sitting around saying "Screw them man, we didn't need them anyway. This is OUR place, and we don't want them here..."...

Hey Cold Bore, Excellent phrasing and I totally agree.

Posting a "PM" in public is obviously wrong, to anyone with even a modicum of common sense and a bit of maturity. I've thought so for a long time and have the "PM" portion turned OFF here at AR to avoid such ill mannered foolishness.

If you have something to say, say it in the open to begin with. But of course, that would be a "violation" of Boyd's fiefdom:
Quote:

But one thing I will not tolerate is belligerance

In fact, I seem to remember Boyd getting a bit belligerent concerning something about MatchKings being used as Hunting Bullets here at AR.

Hey Steve, Let me suggest you go back to Boyd's site long enough to start a Thread which mentions MatchKings are not Hunting Bullets. Then when Boyd goes to his belligerent mode, he can "Ban himself".

Hey Boyd, I do appreciate your letting us know how your site runs. I might have accidentally tripped onto it and thought it would have been worth signing up. But thanks to your posting about how it runs, I realize it isn't a place I need to go. And as Cold Bore alluded, so will most other folks.

It is simply AMAZING that people do not realize that "disagreement" is what makes a site work. Otherwise you have just what Cold Bore said, a few guys sitting around with one of them posting something and everyone else not needing to post a thing because they all agree.

So, I'll stay right here and laugh about the HSGS = Reloader's Pyrite. (Just tossed it in to be belligerent! )

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
So,
let's get this right

Boyd crossposts links on another site, then MULTI cross threas these posts, then on his site, you can't post links, and THEN totally breachs PRIVATE netiquitte by posting a PM, justifing his actions and attitude in an apollogoly that restracts and puts conditions on the future, and then wont nut up and just say "sorry, i f'ed up"

yeah.. sounds like a site i'd last all of 10 minutes on... wont stand beligerence? heck, did he MAKE it through my post?

Perhaps he doesn't understand that ANYTHING he can say or Do can be said or done on his site...

that's the neat thing about rules... they apply to EVERYONE or they apply to no one.

I'll pass, just the same.. or you can let us know, in ONE post,rather than every forum, that you've decided to share Saeed's idea, and not Stumps.... er Swamps

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Boyd,

Your coming in here AGAIN and spamming in multiple forums for your board without allowing links to other boards on your board is as balsy as it gets. I for one am really tired of your repeated self-promoting posts in all the forums. The fact that you use links on this board to promote yourself without allowing links yourself defies description. Don't look for me over there........

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of KYODE
posted Hide Post
just as a passerby........any link to stevespages should be greatly appreciated by anyone that handloads ammo. it is one of the most handy sites available anywhere i know. i really appreciate all that information, and would like to thank steve for providing it to the public.

Posts: 268 | Location: Northeast Kentucky | Registered: 29 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boyd, your new site seems to have a problem...................you.

I thought I was the only one.............who didn't care for you.

Now I'm happy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Again,as with the match king thread.you guys are talking about something you know nothing about.If all of you don't understand why we don't want links to a money making site posted on our FREE site.I feel sorry for you...Good day

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've always liked you, Darryl, and the rest of the crowd from LRH and the WildcatShooting, but I gotta tell you, this little episode here has changed my opinion.

Sorry you fell that way....But I have permission to post a link to a free site on this site....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Your coming in here AGAIN and spamming in multiple forums for your board without allowing links to other boards on your board is as balsy as it gets.

We allow links to sites....FREE ONES..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If all of you don't understand why we don't want links to a money making site posted on our FREE site.I feel sorry for you...Good day

The customer is always right. While the site is free you are trying to attract people so the they are the "customer"

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

If all of you don't understand why we don't want links to a money making site posted on our FREE site.I feel sorry for you...Good day

The customer is always right. While the site is free you are trying to attract people so the they are the "customer"

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that one of the advantages of a free site is that the owner would not need to restrict such postings as does, say, Swampy with HA.

Perhaps you have a thread running and the answer is on a thread running at HA. That link could not be posted on your site because HA is a money making site.

Would a site that advertisers some sort of gun product be classed as a money making site.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
Quote:

just as a passerby........any link to stevespages should be greatly appreciated by anyone that handloads ammo. it is one of the most handy sites available anywhere i know. i really appreciate all that information, and would like to thank steve for providing it to the public.

Yep, Steve has given me a piece of his mind a time or two. I feel pretty special that he should waste is time on me. His site is a treasure and an outstanding example of insan... er, dedication and compuls... er, consuming interest. Seriously Mr. Heaton, did he just p!$$ you off by standing up for himself!?!

I must also note that the policy on links apparently changed from the beginning of the thread. It went from no links to only free-site links. Are not links to other sites sometimes helpful? Then again, you do allow links... Too many rules for me. Since I retired the only rule(s) I want to remember is to be polite, but, not allow myself to be crapped on.

Whoever pointed out that discussion, aka disagreement, is what makes a forum deserves the I-stated-the-obvious award and you (and others) who just don't get it deserve exactly what you get and that is...

IGNORED.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Boyd, I got enough of your snotty belligerence in the SMK thread. That and your holier than thou superiority complex:"I can do it and you can't, neener, neener, neener"
I've gotten more than enough info from Steve's pages to pay for any "wounds" I've received from his prickly nature. As you can see from the various posts, Steve has something of a cult following. Sort of a taking the bitter with the sweet kinda thing.
But you have a good day. Hear.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Again,as with the match king thread.you guys are talking about something you know nothing about.If all of you don't understand why we don't want links to a money making site posted on our FREE site.I feel sorry for you...Good day

Didn't ask for your sorrow, you seem to bring enough...

GOOD DAY yourself..

Or, sense you don't seem to actually understand the usage of the term, good day means "this conversation has ended"

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Golly, Boyd,in my not too humble opinion I would have to evaluate you as not having been well received.Life is just full of mysteries; isn't it? roger

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Golly, Boyd,in my not too humble opinion I would have to evaluate you as not having been well received.Life is just full of mysteries; isn't it? roger

I'll be sure to lose sleep over that fact So I guess you won't be joining us

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

But you have a good day. Hear.

Always

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is really too bad you don't know the whole story....Its a shame you guys feel the way you do.Whats this world coming to

one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I feel a bit differently about steve's site. The way I look at things "money making" means "pay to use" or "buy". Steve just asks for donations. If you want to view his info for FREE you can, if you want to send him a few bucks for his hard work and years of experiance, than you can do that if you wish. It's guys like Steve and many other on this site that help keep us informed and safe, it's guys like you that ... well, never mind. So, if I ever get so bored that I visit your site, I will not see any links to sites such as gun makes, powder makers, barrel makers, bullet makers,ammo makers etc, BULL.

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a pity party!!!

So a guy makes a post linking to his site, no big deal - he's asked not to do it again, fair enough...

Instead of just saying "ok", he takes it personally and displays an attitude towards the site and those trying to keep it in line. That's the issue. As far as I'm concerned that issue has been resolved.

We are NOT trying to make money, NOT trying have some domain over which to Lord, and NOT trying to piss people off. I for one enjoy a little discontent from time to time, it shows interest. If someone asks for something on the site, I try to give it to them.
I was thinking of working up an online searchable load databse for people to post their load data... Why would I want to do that if it's going to piss people off?

What we ARE trying to do is provide another site that hunters/shooters/fishermen/and browsers can spread out and read. Why all the anger? We all like to hunt/fish/shoot/reload don't we?

When I'm at the range, or at the gun club you won't find me getting into pissing contests with my fellow shooters, so why is it happening here?

What it boils down to is that we're trying to start up another site for you guys to enjoy.

Mikejr

Posts: 71 | Location: East | Registered: 15 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an idea, everybody logs on to Boyed's new site and post a link to Steve's site or any other site Boyed has an issue with. Then we will all be banned and this will be over.

one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
I don't know about pay vs non-pay but if every asshole got banned from cyberspace it would be a damned lonely place....

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I have an idea, everybody logs on to Boyed's new site and post a link to Steve's site or any other site Boyed has an issue with. Then we will all be banned and this will be over.

Again,someone talking and whining about something they know "0" about...Should get the facts before you open your mouth

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Boyd,
Steve has done more for us on this site than you'll ever know and BTW you must be the original member of the 1.000yd. wide A$$hole Club.. Doc Stone Go to your new site and leave us alone..

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I know I said I was finished with this...but...

I do not know where anyone got the idea my site is a "pay site"!

It has been online for 7 years, totally free to anyone who cares to access it or any of the data contained on it.

I do have a little blurb stating something like, "If you found this site useful, make a donation." And then a link to my PayPal account.

So far, in the 7 years online, and with around 2,402 daily active users I have receive EXACTLY 16 donations...most between $1 and $2.

I must be getting rich...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Wow, what a pity party!!!...Why all the anger? ...What it boils down to is that we're trying to start up another site for you guys to enjoy. Mikejr

Hey Mikejr, I don't get the "pity party" comment. Is this another attempt to talk bad about people you have been trying to get to come to "your" site?(Not really interested in an answer.) No need to, most of us already understand your site without even needing to visit it.

All the anger is obviously something "you" and "Boyd" will probably not be able to understand. People that frequent this site have something very simple that Boyd has explained does not exist at your site - Freedom of Speach.

It isn't really complex or difficult to understand "unless" you want to "control" other people and their thoughts.

Boyd continues to mention, "We don't get it!". I believe the problem is that, We DO get it and want nothing at all to do with it.

Therefore, your last sentence (above) is in direct conflict with what it would take to get " me " (and obviously us) over there. I just can't enjoy a site that would prohibit me from posting a link to another site or be banned if I just happened to violate the "belligerent code".

I left "The Firing Line" and "HA" because of a similar situation. Never got "banned", just left when I realized how they operated.

And I feel sure you all will have some folks sign up and perhaps even enjoy your site. It is just a problem trying to get " me " (and us) to enter a "Restricted Area". Learned not to do that a long time ago in the CORPS, and though the situation is different, it has a strange funny way of explaining why " I " (we) won't bother.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... in the 7 years online, and with around 2,402 daily active users I have receive EXACTLY 16 donations...most between $1 and $2. ... I must be getting rich...

Boy-o-boy, the gall of Steve to be rakin' in ALL THAT LOOT and not even offer to buy all of us AR regulars a new......

I'm gonna have to think on this awhile

(Would have used "unmitigated" in front of gall, but don't know how to spell it. )

Since Boyd finally understood and deleted the (bannable at his site) "link", if anyone cares to help " me " figure out what we can hit ole Money Bags up for, I'd appreciate the help!