Tools

Why isn't handloading more popular?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
Dr. K -

I had not seen that urine test commentary before, but I SURE AS HELL agree with it, 100%!!
+2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
I think a lot of people think Reloading is harder then it really is.

I have just gotten into reloading myself, and this was my excuse. I am now kicking myself for not trying it sooner.

I was also afraid of the expense of getting started, but again, I was wrong about that too.

I am taking greater pride in hunting and actually killing my quarry with ammo that I "made" myself.

I started out only going to reload for my 270 WCF, but I have now added 22-250, 308, and 9.3x62.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RenegadeRN
posted Hide Post
When I was younger I needed that part-time job to add to my income. I was a young married man with two kids. I found a job at the local skeet and trap range doing everything from pulling to filling the houses. Naturally since the skeet range sold reloads I learned how to reload shotgun shells.

When I first started shooting skeet a few years later my boss at the time showed me how to save even more by showing me all the bald spots of dirt in the fields where ALL that reclaimed shot could be gotten. I still have 25 pounds. How many skeet shooters you know even went so far as to pick up used wads and wash them and reuse them too? And it has progressed from there to rifles.

I cannot imagine not reloading. But my friends who don't reload say the same things as the others have said. "I don't shoot enuff during the year and a box of shells will last me years vice paying all that money for reloading equipment."

'I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisable, with liberty and justice for all.'

Posts: 171 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote