THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Ream new "Die Sliding Chamber" for Forster Ultra?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ream new "Die Sliding Chamber" for Forster Ultra?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen,
I'm curious if anyone is offering a replacement "Die Slide Chamber", part P-30, to retrofit Forster Ultra Seaters for uvavaliable or improved chambers? Any reason it would'nt work? Regards, Matt.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gone hunting>
posted
i've had this done to 3 sets of these dies
my gunsmith just recut the floating chamber of the die. works great!

------------------

Death Before Dishonor

one of us
posted Hide Post
GH,
I appreciate the feedback. I take it he did'nt have any trouble with the steel being heat treated?

I hav'nt forgotten you on the stainless Winchester 70 Long Floor Plate. Hav'nt sent the rifle to the smith yet and need something to hold in the stock for the time being;-). Will shoot you an e-mail when it becomes available.

Best, Matt.

Btw, my e-mail has changed to mattinvaus@yahoo.com.

Posts: 525 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gone hunting>
posted
he's done a 243ai, 22/250ai, and a 223ai for me. all worked great with no more than .0005 runout.

thanks on the floorplate.

------------------

Death Before Dishonor