THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    .375 PMC commercial ammo too long for magazine!!!

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.375 PMC commercial ammo too long for magazine!!!
 Login/Join

<ronl>
posted
I have purchased my first .375 H&H in a Win post 64 Model 70 which is a CRF in stainless steel. Initially, I am trying different types of commercial ammo and have just discovered that 300 grain Barnes X manufactured by PMC in the .375 are too long for the magazine of this rifle. The rounds measure 3.620 inches and it looks like the magazine can only handle a length up to 3.600 maximum. How can this be? Is there anyway of making the magazine longer?

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Why screw-up the gun? Just return the ammo...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why don't you give the Winchester service departmant a call at 1 800 945-1392 and ask them. With the screw-ups they've had lately it wouldn't surprise me if this is some oversight. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I answered this question someplace else for you, but after giving it some thought I suspect that long 300 gr. monolithic has pushed forward due to pressure from the compacted powder, this happens sometimes with those kind of bullets...Send it back and buy some Federal, WW or Rem ammo.

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 41880 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote