Find
Notify
Tools

Accubond terminal performance
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
I have only recovered one, this is from a caribou I shot some years ago. 140 grain from a 270 Win at about 150 yards quartering away. It was lodged in the off-side shoulder blade. Sorry, I do not have my load data handy but it is not a hot load.

I also load the same bullet in a friends 270 WSM. to 3200 fps. Pretty destructive on pronghorn and deer at that speed.

I have used the same weight bullet in my 6.5-284 Norma for pronghorn and deer. They were fairly dead.

I loaded a 180 grain AB for my cousins 30-06. He shot a black bear the other day that, also, was reasonably dead.

I haven't shot anything with them yet but also load a 250 grain in my 338 Win Mag, a 200 grain in my 300 Win Mag and a 160 grain in my 280 AI. Have had very good accuracy with all of the above.

I found the bullet and weighted it at 99.9 grains. About 71% retention.

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Today I recovered a 110 gr. Accubond from a deer out of my 250-3000, this bullet looks like the same expanded Accubonds taken from the three elk we shot a couple of weeks ago with my .338 and 225 gr. Accubonds, just smaller! tu2 and all the ones I used in several calibers in Africa when the bullet was in its infancy and I was testing them..

Its as good a bullet as their is, as good as any and better than most. Like the partition, the Accubond is destined to be a bullet by which all others will be compared to, and others will claim a better bullet but don't buy the blather.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote