New
Find
Notify
Tools

ch4d dies?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any exierence with these dies? I need a custom set of dies made and ch4d has a very fast turnaround time and reasonably priced. They are on par with the quote I got from Hornady, but Hornady has a 6 - 8 week turnaround time.
Are these quality dies in the same class as RCBS, Redding and the others, or am I looking for trouble.
Thanks!

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See this thread:

CH4D

Also, do a forum search on "CH4D".

Just trying to be helpful....
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
unless Dave has them on the shelf, turn around is 6-10 weeks.

I've said it before... aren't as nice as RCBS, and 1/2 the cost.

work fine, most of the time, and dave will fix what doesn't, if you aren't an ass FIRST

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39556 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gotten good service from my CH4D products, and they stand behind their work.

Don Stewart
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 238 | Location: Memphis on the mighty Mississippi | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two sets in .585 Nyati & 50-110 winchester and they pefrom well and where much much cheaper than going to redding etc.

Others will pay them out.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I've had a number of sets of their dies over the years and currently have a 25-35 AI set which I purchased a few months ago. And while it may have some tooling marks on the exterior and not be as finely finished, the interiors are fine and work just as intended.

I have no complaints, especially considering the price and the fact that these were in Dave's working inventory.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9397 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used 2 sets and had good luck...

they were custom dies.....

cheers
seafire
thumb

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Ch4d makes some dies that no one else does. They make collet type dies similiar to the Redding "S" dies and offer them in sizes bigger than Redding or Hornady offers. Could be a problem solver for some folks.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!