New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a Seafire?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this and had a lot of people respond to it. I had posted it as several people had asked me about my handle on here.

I can't find the post, so I will just do another one.

For those that are interested, here is a great site that will tell you all about the aircraft I chose my handle after.

www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/Seafire.html

This is pretty enjoyable,,for those with an interest in it. God Bless the British for their love of history.

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Corrected URL:

http://www.fleetairarmarchive.net/Aircraft/Seafire.htm

(the URL uses htm instead of html)

Nice info on this link.

Seafire,

Be sure to check out:

http://alexisparkinn.com/oh_my_god.htm

"An unbelievable high-speed low pass by a classic Supermarine Spitfire! (Caution: R-rated narration!)

Direct link to the video if you want to right click on the link and save it to your computer:

http://alexisparkinn.com/photogallery/Videos/ohmygodSpitfire%20pass.wmv

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I wonder what the FCC would say??

Excellent film clip!

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
When God inspired man to create the internal combustion engine, it was so that He could hear the roar of the Merlin, which is music to His ears.

(Just attended an airshow this past weekend and was treated to a fly-over by four P-51Ds. Nothing sounds like a Merlin!)

Posts: 4 | Location: Florida | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Unstable
posted Hide Post
hehehe just got out to the RC flying field today. the plane I pulled out for warming up was my little spitfire.

got two good flights in .. a short flight to get my thumbs back in shape then a long one with a buddy chasing each other around the sky (complete with us making machine gun noises and talking with really bad accents)

gotta love the sight of that oval winged bird screaming out of a dive.

Posts: 201 | Location: NJ, USA | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alfa,

ain't it the truth!!

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BF:

Thanks a million. That video shows exactly why after being around aircraft growing up on military basis and living in England when I was 11 to 14 yrs old, that I could never develope the interest in other things anywhere near as much as you can WW 2 fighter aircraft.

Fantastic,

Thanks for the heads up on that one!!!
Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

one of us
posted Hide Post
seafire,

You're welcome!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

By the way, here's a little jewel that I got ride in back in March 2002. (That's not me in the photo. It's one of the crew.) It was a blast!!

B-25J "Old Glory". Civilian Registration: N7946C

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/registry/b25registry/b25-4428938.html

Nothing like classic firearms AND classic airplanes!!!

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Quote:

seafire,

You're welcome!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

By the way, here's a little jewel that I got ride in back in March 2002. (That's not me in the photo. It's one of the crew.) It was a blast!!

B-25J "Old Glory". Civilian Registration: N7946C

http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/registry/b25registry/b25-4428938.html

Nothing like classic firearms AND classic airplanes!!!

-Bob F.

What a beautiful B-25!! It bears repeating!!

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have a great idea! Why don't y'all quit thinking about or wishing you could fly these planes? Go to
FighterAce at jaleco.com and fly the Seafire, B-25/17, Mark XIVe, P38 G/L, Mustang, and others! the graphics are great and you can make it a tough as you'd like! No fly'n against computers, you put on a flight suit here, it's against another pilot online!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Flew an F-80 simulator once. Had a helluvatime keeping the aircraft above ground level. Flew mostly 50 feet or so underground!

one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

Thanks for sharing. I downloaded a p-51 flyby .wav file from a WWII site and use it to "notify" me of arriving emails. Get to hear it many times each day. Had a p-51 fly over my house two years ago during an airshow in Bozeman, what a great sound!

Check out this site. http://www.navalmuseum.ab.ca/seafire.html
I hope to get up there some day and see it. The middle picture shows the cowl bumps to house the raging merlin!! They even made the wing tips fold back on the seafire, how about that?

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire. We had two warbird incidents in the last two weeks. two weeks ago, there was a B-17 Flying Fortess and a B-24 Libwerator on hand, with rides for $350 each. It really ticks me off when they do that just before my retirement check comes in. One of these days, I'll have the coin in hand as I really want to take a ride in one.
Last week, they had a reunion here in Tuscon, if the remaining survivors of the Jimmy Doolittle raid on Japan. They had a couple of B-25s on hand, but no flights for spectators.
I did get to see the B-24 when it left town. One of the local residents has a P-51, but I've never been able to talk him into giving me a ride. He has a buddy seat in his bird. I used to work for the Weather Bureau and we used to give th pilots their weather briefings, and that's how I got to meet him.
Somehow, we get to see quite a few of the WW-2 warbirds here in Tucson. matter of fact, we have the Pima Air Museum down here and there are probably more than 100 planes including one of a kind types. If you ever get down this way, it's well worth seeing. Just don't do it in the summer. It gets too damn hot.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spitfire? Just ask anyone who fought against one, preferrably the Germans of WWII. I think the only drawback to them was the inexperienced lads who had to fly them before they were thoroughly trained in the Battle of Britain. It was one hell of a plane in all marks. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys need to come to the land of cheese for the BIG show in Oshkosh July 29- Aug4

The last time I went they had a dozen Mustangs in the air at once. General Yeager even takes some laps in a borrowed P51 with his old let me repeat OLD wingman flying very tight. It's great to see somany warbirds in the air at one time.

gunmaker

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Faucett:

I rode the same bird in Austin that year. She probably had just flown up from your stop. Where did you board her? Hobby or InterContinental?

Did you sit in back or front? I was in the back.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was at the airport in Sugar Land. (That's just outside of Houston if you're not familiar with the Houston area.) I rode in the back also.

Here's a photo I took from the tailgunner's position while in flight.

-Bob F.

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Sure, I know exactly where Sugarland is. If pressed, I'll admit that I grew up in Houston. If you're interested I can post or send you the pictures from my flight.

I don't know abut you, but I was amazed at how that plane basically jumped into the air off the runway. It seemed like 100 yards and we were up. Of course, having no bomb load didn't hurt, in that respect.

Take care,

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote