New
Find
Notify
Tools

SRB-118 powder
 Login/Join

<palani>
posted
Anyone with a source for SRB-118 powder? I picked up a case from Widener's a few years back and can't seem to locate any more. The jugs had Accurate brand labeling on them and included data for .223 .308 .30-30 and .30-06.

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
palani -
SRB-118 is a new one on me. Did you try calling Accurate and see if they have the same thing under a different number? They're pretty helpful.
R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<palani>
posted
It was new to me too! I'd never heard of it until Widener's ran a special on the stuff a few years back. On the label, it has "DATA POWDER SRB-118" with an Accurate Arms Co., Inc logo on it. It also states "Made in the Czech Republic". I've had excellent luck using it for mil-spec 5.56mm 62gr and 68/69gr match loads as well as 147/150gr-168/175gr 7.62mm loads. I think I will give Accurate a call to see if it's still available...thanks!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the best part of a 8lbs keg of 118 left. It has about the same chracteristics as 4064. I've never had any load I've tried it on shoot terrifically accurately; however, it meters very accurately. I'd part with what I've got if it would help you out and it was worth the trouble. Ku-dude

<palani>
posted
thanks ku-dude. Give me an idea of how much of the 8# keg you have left and how much you want for it; if you can, factor in whatever hazmat and shipping costs to 95628 in CA.