New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gonna need a new tumbler soon!
 Login/Join

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
My Midway is getting real noisy. I wouldn't mind a little more capacity. The thing I liked about the midway was the clear lid--could take a glance once in a while and see how clean the brass was getting. Any recomendations on a little bigger, faster cleaning, hvier duty, with a clear lid?? Feel I got my $$$$ out of the midway but would like to upgrade a little.

<Bill T>
posted
Don: Without question go with LARGE Dillion Model. I've had mine for over 10 years now, and it runs like the day I bought it. It's compacity is very large, they advertise 1,000 .44 Mag. cases a shot. There telling the truth because I've done it. I use ground corn cob media along with about 4 capfulls of their liquid Rapid Polish, and let it run 6 to 8 hours and the filthyist brass comes out better than new, inside and out. The Dillion is a good solid piece of equipment, you'll be pleased. Bill T.

<ssleefl>
posted
Ditto what Bill T said. I've had mine for almost 20 yrs w/o a hiccup.

<Bill T>
posted
Don: If you go with the Dillion, or any other large compacity model, I have a tip that might help make cleaning brass a little easier. It's always a pain to seperate the media from the brass when the job is done. The larger the unit, the bigger the pain. Dillion sells a case, media separator that looks great, but it is a VERY large unit and storage can be a problem. I went to Home Depot and bought 2 of their 5 gallon orange paint pails, ($2.89 each). I took one and drilled a bunch of 1/4" holes around the bottom in a circular pattern. Then set the bucket with the holes inside the one without and pour the entire contents of your machine into the bucket. Shake the top bucket up and down until all the media sifts thru into the bottom bucket, then toss it back into the machine, and your ready to go again. This entire deal will cost you less than 6 bucks, and about 15 minutes or less with a electric drill, and it works great. Plus you can store one bucket inside the other and not have to build a bigger garage in the process. Merry Christmas, Bill T.

<Don Krakenberger>
posted
Thanks guys. I was wondering if it would be a pain dumping a bigger unit into the bucket/sifter from midway. Maybe I'll downgrade my size a little. I just thought a bigger unit might have more action.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
My Lyman started making noise after I loaded it down with too much brass. I quickly lightened the load.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
The Midway tumbler has a lifetime warranty, as do all Midway products. Send it back and get a new one.

[This message has been edited by wildcat junkie (edited 12-25-2001).]

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote