Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

308 Kimber question
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Kimber 308 and with nosler ballistic tips 150 gr. I can only get as close as .172 from the lands.

With a 180 gr sierra game king I can get to within .060 of the lands before I am restricted due to the box magazine space.

Do any other Kimber owners get closer than this, or am I just splitting hairs here.

posted Hide Post
^

One of Us
Picture of KennethI
posted Hide Post
What are you using this for? If just target practice, can't you seat longer than the box will hold and shoot one at a time?

Posts: 238 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my 300wsm i can fit a 150gr nosler BT like 10mm into the lands if i wanted, although it wouldnt enter but just saying mine are a long way in the case.

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Whelen Nut
posted Hide Post
pg

That's a problem with Kimber 84M's in 308.

However, it worked out using the Barne's 150gr TX's cause they like to be seated deeper than the mag length on that rifle anyway.

WN

Fill your boots, man!

Posts: 249 | Location: Northeast WI | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as the bullet does not stick in the lands all that matters is if the load is safe, functional and accurate or not?

To be frank I have won one bench rest match and many many position matches and I still don't know where in the heck the bullets are in relation to the lands. I know if they might stick in the lands or if they might stick in the magazine or now a days if they are too short for the magazine.

Do you have one of those Stoney Point tools to measure the distance to the lands?
If you do put it in a drawer.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
As long as the bullet does not stick in the lands all that matters is if the load is safe, functional and accurate or not?

To be frank I have won one bench rest match and many many position matches and I still don't know where in the heck the bullets are in relation to the lands. I know if they might stick in the lands or if they might stick in the magazine or now a days if they are too short for the magazine.

Do you have one of those Stoney Point tools to measure the distance to the lands?
If you do put it in a drawer.

clap

Posts: 526 | Location: Antelope, Oregon | Registered: 06 July 2006Reply With Quote