New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Primers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After looking for the last six months I finally found a few Federal Primers today.

But $4.99 per hundred is nuts. I remember when they were 50 cents per hundred.

What is everybody else paying for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Was at a gun show in Wisconsin saturday. I saw Winchester, CCI and Remington primers of most sizes. No Federals anywhere. Prices ran 34 to 37 per 1000 for standard, 41 to 47 for match/benchrest. I see few if any at area stores but was told of one shop about 60 miles from me asking 50 bucks per 1000.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I run out of Federal components, I'm done with them. I have used them for decades and think them a superior product, but between shortages and price gouging, I'm done with 'em.

Something else soured me too -their 22's. It seems their 711B isn't what it use to be. The cases look different (sans dimple) and they shoot differently. Add a hefty price increase and you can understand why I'm frustrated with them.

Lastly, I don't know what's cookin' at CCI/ATK, but I don't like it. Perhaps they're trying to kill off the Federal name...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I remember when they were 50 cents per hundred.

Probably should have stocked up at that price. I did. Now I'm actually trying to remember when the last time I bought primers by the hundred; probably decades ago.
A small gun shop nearby has Federals for $42/1000. A bigger shop 75 miles away had them at $32 a month ago.

Like Buckshot, I'm not married to Federal primers. Rem, Win or CCI work just as well.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
After looking for the last six months I finally found a few Federal Primers today.

Yes, I remember when they were 50 cents -- just like my hourly wage. Thanks, but I'll take today's pay along with today's prices.

Nonetheless, they should drop to the $30 per thousand range within a few more months.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think Federal is doing the gouging... (at least I don't want to think they are). I saw a man selling primers at the 50+ dollar a thousand mark, but, he warned everyone up front that he had had to order these at full retail and he was passing along what his price was plus handling.
I don't know, but, at least he didn't pretend it was ok.

I am waiting for things to stablilize. Hope it's soon.

rc

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well then you haven't bought rpimers in awhile. Yes, that is over priced, abotu $35/K is the going rate, if you can find them. IMO, you will not see prices drop much from that. Like higher gas prices, higher reloading cost are hear to stay, but $50/K is a bit of gouging for sure. That is NOT ATK rasing prices but the retailer.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got some Fedral 215 mag primers from Midway. The price was about $41.00 Per 1000 with shiping and HasMat. Not great but.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember when gasoline was $.19 a gallon. So what?

If the enemy is in range, so are you. - Infantry manual

Posts: 494 | Location: The drizzle capitol of the USA | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I purchased 1K of fed SPM two months ago and paid $34.99 instead of the usual $31.00

I too mostly always used Federal Primers for all my handgun but will now take the lower road.
I never had bad exsperiance with CCI and or Rem's.
popcorn

Posts: 213 | Location: ┌\oo/┐ Tick infested woods of N.Y. | Registered: 26 March 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of John Deane
posted Hide Post
I cannot find federal primers local,ordered from midway 33.49 per k 36.51 s/h and haz mat=70.00

Posts: 4 | Location: Bozeman MT | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
Thank god grandpa left me about 7500 CCI primers. 2000 pistol,2500large rifle,3000 magnum rifle, along with about 10 lbs of powder. Thanks again grandad.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
this time last year, it would have been 12 a hundred, 100 per k ...

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39632 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're older than me! My firsts were 60 cents/hundred. And even that wasn't nearly as cheap as it sounds today when "average" wages are ten times, or more, than they were bsck then.

Gov.s planned inflation has kept a lot of folks happy by thinking they're "getting ahead" in wages but most workers have only been spinning their wheels to no valid effect in actual buying power.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WV3568
posted Hide Post
Just bought a 1000 F215 LRM yesterday at my local shop. price was $39.99 per 1000

Posts: 75 | Location: South Charleston, WV | Registered: 13 May 2006Reply With Quote