Notify
Tools

Your occupation?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Investor.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mechanical Insulator, plumbing, chilled water pipe, dual temp, steam pipes, duct work, generator exhausts ect.

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
at the moment I am trying out retirement dancing
I find that to be very rewarding
but for 10-12 years I was a machinist and now I am currently a mason/bricklayer

Posts: 291 | Location: wisconsin  | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Part time hobby farmer, Second class steam / shift engineer. Journeyman steam / gas fitter. Second year instrument tech. Have been with the same company for 23 years. Hoping to semi-retire in 5 yrs.

Savage Vaporizer

Posts: 93 | Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm impressed and please to read the list of careers and life work of my loading/shooting compatriots.

I'm a retired electronics tech/systems engineer in the space and defense industries.

My avocations have included 14 years as a volunteer Am. Red Cross vol. instructor in First Aid, CPR and Swimming Life Saving and as instuctor trainer for the same; 10 years as a member and officer of local volunteer rescue squads; 12 years as a YMCA sport SCUBA Instructor; 30 years as a Sunday School teacher and 20 as a church deacon and elder. Now, I say all this as an addition to those previous posters whose life work shows us to be assets to any community.

But, WE are the ones our government, "news" media and educational systems fear and believe can't be trusted to own and use firearms safely. Thus they "feel" we should be taxed and regulated more tightly, all for the public good of course!

Bah! A pox on our liberal establishments.

Posts: 1615 | Location: South Western North Carolina | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm a Master Electrician. I used to build high rise buildings when I live in the Bay Area in California. Where I live now I work in a distribution center for a retailer installing conveyor systems, installing PLC's and any other electrical needs.
Rusty

Posts: 11 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 03 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Facinating thread! I am in awe of the time and intelligence that is represented here!

First I am a Christian and a deacon in our church, and second I am a husband to my lovely wife of 5 years.

I am a ticketed Journeyman Carpenter working for a custom residential construction company.

Bought my first rifle in December of 2001 (Winchester 70 Classic stainless 30-06 with a 4x Leupold. Bad decision. There is great difficulty improving on it.)
I've been loading for my Dad's Rem 788 in .308 since September of 2000. Since then I have picked up another rifle and a few more to load for, but don't own. Life is great!
Good hunting,
Graham

Posts: 264 | Location: Northern BC, Canada | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Retired banker (thank god), ten years ago.
Pete

"Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live."

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been working as a Forester for the last 37 years..my profession has allowed me to bash around in the woods in Minnesota and Montana...and now in Arkansas... One of these days I need to retire...

Z

Posts: 503 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 01 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tony R
posted Hide Post
I am an unemploiyed mason(brick, block, and stone people get confused and think I belong to the masonic temple)in the Vancouver Washington area. Did 4 1/2 years in the Marines got out for about 5 years and am now back in as a reservist. I have been reloading for about 5 years and am an amtuer hot rod builder on the side also. Currently building a 65 mustang from the ground up and fitting it with twin turbos.

Posts: 75 | Location: vancouver wa. | Registered: 17 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a retired gas utility employee due to an early retirement offer back in "06 after 36 years. Along the way I spent 23 years in the National Guard (Field Artillery) and was retired fron the Army last June. I consulted for the gas utility industry for a year and became a Pipeline Safety Regulator for our State in Jan. '07.

I've been reloading since 1978. I am proud of the fact that some of my rifles have never used a factory round and others for which you cannot purchase a factory found. And as the man said "only accurate rifles are interesting". In the last few years I've discovered pistols. This gives me another excuse to spend time a the reloading bench.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly amazing what a diverse and interesting group we have here.
I'm a retired Medical Entomolgist and nozzle head(person who is into the spray systems). Did a lot of work on Black Fly control, hence the moniker. Have done a lot of gun counter work since retiring.
Blfy

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Underground Miner/Explosives handler/Mine rescue.

Ive been reloading for 26 years and had had a bb gun before my first peddle bike.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3077 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My most recent gig was working as Obama's gun bearer when he was on safari.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dmiller
posted Hide Post
Firefighter/Paramedic

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Each person is born to one possession which outvalues all his others- his last breath.~~Mark Twain

Posts: 32 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris_Kenney
posted Hide Post
I am a risk manager, father, and husband. I havebeen shooting since about 11 (thanks Boy Scouts) and have been reloading a little over a year.

Posts: 120 | Location: Frisco, TX | Registered: 13 October 2007Reply With Quote