Find
Notify
Tools

foul out III question
 Login/Join

<lns>
posted
Has anyone tryed it?
how many hours it takes for the cleaning?
is it any good?
Thanks

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I had the I and the II...neither were worth a damn...

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Sooner>
posted
Man I'm glad you said something Steve, what kind of problems did you have. I was about to buy one. BTW I love your site.

Sooner

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
If it were such a great technology, there would have been no need for models II and III.

In any event, the Outers system works, but with several drawbacks. There is a risk of frosting your barrel if you do not follow the directions. You still must remove powder fouling in order to expose the copper to the chemicals. If you gotta scrub your barrel anyhow, it simply becomes another timely, expensive, and messy step. It ain�t no shortcut and you stand a chance of damaging your barrel - what�s the point.

At the end of the day, I have yet to find a barrel that could not be quickly and safely cleaned with a little JB and Sweets. Spend your money on top quality cleaning tools and you will save yourself a lot of grief.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JCCD>
posted
It works but like others said it may not be necessary. I have only one gun that I really need it on. It is a 25-06 and after about 12 shots it is heavily plated with copper. It will not shoot small groups again until it is clean. It takes about 4 hours with the foul out III to get all the copper out. Then it will shoot small groups again. It may be just as easy to fill the bore with amonia and let it set awhile. I haven't tried that yet. I've never had a problem with any of my other rifles fouling this bad and never use it on them.

<lns>
posted
I wish i knew this before i bougt the darn thing

one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ricciardelli:
I had the I and the II...neither were worth a damn...

Agree 100%...pure BS...another innecesary gadget

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
Gustavo - Correction - There is no thing as an "unnecessary gadget" when it comes to shooting. It's just that the Foulout is at the bottom of the necessary list. Just above that are Weatherby Rifles and 4-wheel drive air-conditioned gun cases!

In Two Days Tomorrow Will Be Yesterday.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin29>
posted
Just below the foul out kit on the unnecessary gagets list are barnes x bullets.