New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Wilson make dies for the 375 RUM?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just bought a Rem 700BDL in 300RUM and plan on converting it to a 375RUM.I have a Sinclair Arbor press and would like to know if I can use Wilson dies for this cartridge on this press.Is this the right way to go in making the best loads for this round?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess I will have to call Sinclair. They treat you like a king-a class act.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are no Wilson dies for the 375 RUM. I don't believe those would be your best bet in that caliber anyway.

I would recommend a set of Forster Micrometer dies in 375 RUM. Using a Forster Bonanza Co-Ax press with those dies would afford very high quality loaded ammunition. You can obtain those items from Sinclair.

If you want to use a regular press such as a Rock Chucker, Ultra Mag or T-7, you can use a set of Redding Micrometer dies to good effect. Those will not work with the Co-Ax press however (not enough clearance room).

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Dillon 550 press, and the plane jane redding FL dies(I do need to get a neck sizer I guess). I have not checked my ammo for runout, but it shoots pretty darn good.

All I do for case prep is after the first firing, I tumble, outside turn the necks(only after the 1st firing, and I only use it cause its original job was 7mm RM necks so I had it layin around), measure for stretching, size and prime, charge, and seat. Although I have the progressive, I still hand load charges and measure every round as it comees out(I think its fun too). Lee doesnt have a factory crimp die yet, so I am gonna mail em a dummy next week, so I do not crimp right now. Tried to crimp and seat at the same time, and I buckled necks just enough to keep the brass from chambering, even though you can barely see any deformity. Probably operator error, but I still like to crimp as a stand alone step.

my load development is posted in teh fav loads forum

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4911043/m/536100622

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gixxer,are you shooting a 375RUM?Why are you turning the necks?I tried neck-turning once for a normal chamber and got worst results.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a 375 RUM. The only reason why I turned the necks is cause I had the gear layin around to do so. I didnt shave all of the material from the thick side, just a little. Did you check my load development thread?

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote