Notify
Tools

primer pocket cleaner
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need a new primer pocket cleaner bit.

Which is a good one?

What about the Forster? I cant find a picture of it.

Got to replace this RCBS wire one

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I use the RCBS wire brush on my case master and find it works well for me. I`ve use the Lee and found it too small for my likeing. I cleaned for years with a small screw driver and it was as good as any for a hand tool IMO.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I bought one of the primer pocket uniformers.
I uniformed all of my primer pockets and I use the tool to clean the crud out each time load the case.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Forster aint what im lookin for.

I chuck my rcbs in a drill but it just isnt fast enough. Maybe i should rough up the wires alittle. Seems like it would work beter with finer wires.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1205 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 07 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a uniformer instead of a brush. Brass flows into the primer pocket during each firing, so I re-uniform and clean.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto for me too on the uniformer...I use the Sinclair and it does a very thorough job. Run it in your hand drill on slow speed.

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the Uniformer instead of a brush.
I just ordered an ultrasonic cleaner, so I can get more anal about brassFrowner

It is inside the necks that bothers me. I don't want my bullets getting scratched.

http://www.6mmbr.com/ultrasonic.html

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote