THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Anybody got the 3d Edition Vihtavuori Oy Manual?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody got the 3d Edition Vihtavuori Oy Manual?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
If there are any N560 loads for the .375 H&H Magnum, could you please post the data (bullet type/weight, powder charge, and muzzle velocity)?

Thanks.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Russel, sorry they list nothing but the N1** powders with this cartridge [Frown]

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Thanks.

Russ

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Russell,
Some answer in the afternoon, but by my experience, the 500 series are a little slower than the 100 series, and they are quietly interchangeable. A characteristic: in more noisy than 100 series powders.
bye

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russell, a quick e-mail to Vihta Vuori has always helped me when I have needed some help. They seem to respond promptly about powder and load questions. FWIW

Posts: 258 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland US of A | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tombo21:
Russell, a quick e-mail to Vihta Vuori has always helped me when I have needed some help. They seem to respond promptly about powder and load questions. FWIW

Yes, I've done that before, too, but generally just get responses that are in line with their published data. Same thing with Hodgdon. Just once, I'd like to write about a "non-standard" powder to some manufacturer and get an "unofficial" response like "You know, we don't have it published for legal reasons, but we've actually had good luck with _______ grains of _________ ."

I've just accepted that I'm on my own in most cases, unless one of you guys have ventured down the same path previously.

Thanks.

Russ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Russell,
I had the same answer when I asked info on 9.3x62 to load it with 293grs Tug Bullet. I had to develop my own data.

I've not found any 375HH load data wit 500 series powder.

I can only confirm my previous mail. If you make some test you will probably find that it is possible to exceed the 100 series powder load data.
bye

one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ, I have three pressure-tested N 540 loading data here. However, they are from the DEVA reloading handbook 4th ed., not from Vihtavuori as you stipulated, so I doubt that's what you want ;-P.

Regards,
Carcano

Posts: 2452 | Location: Old Europe | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Russell
I am wondering about this VV powder. I am seeing an indication that these 5 series powders are yielding higher velocities at lower pressures and I am also curious about some of the slower powders in the 100 series. Has anyone had these experiences and if so with which calibers. Just like everyone else I am looking for the best of velocities as well as the best accuracy. DRBOB

Posts: 34 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DRBOB,
I'm still testing N560. I had good results with 7x64, for a bullet of 139grs I put 63grs of N560,primer Federal GoldMatch, not Magnum. Absolutely very noisy,more than normal, but fast and precise, and with normal pressures. With other calbers I did not have the same results.
Still in test.
bye