New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Surplus ammo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought some Turkish 8mm surplus ammo, $66 for 1050rds in bandoliers shipped. It looks real nice, bright and shinny, headstamp 1942. I wonder if it's any good!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very corrosive!

Shoot it up, clean the firearm really well - no problem.

In general, try to avoid anything Turkish - except the women ...and bulgur rice. Yum! ...the bulgur rice I mean

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Um! You said "Turkish ammo".
Wash your bore out with soap and water.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It shot great in my Yugo M48, 100% surefire, it does burn rather nasty, took a little effort to clean it up.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoots fine, very cheap. I made a device for cleaning.
Take a piece of washing machine water feed hose and jam the approiate sized piece of telescoping brass tubing in the end of the hose. You want the brass tubing to be a snug fit in the rifle's chamber. I bought my tubing at ACE hardware. Bring in a cartridge to judge the size. You want the outside diameter of the tubing to jam in the body of the chamber and make a water tight seal. Ok, cut the end of the washing machine supply line and stick the tube in. It will be tight. To use this device attach the screw end of the hose to your garage laundry sink. Stick the brass tube in the rifle's chamber. Turn on the hot water. Let it flush the barrel thoroughly, I usually give it 10 minuets. Let it get good and hot. That first patch comes out ink black. It will dry quickly due to the heat. I have shot bunches of Turk ammo without a speck of rust using this system.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote