New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help! Looking for a book....
 Login/Join

<shiflan>
posted
I'm trying to find a copy of Ken Howell's book "Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges". I'd be very appreciative if anyone knew where I could find a copy.

Thanks,

Shiflan

one of us
posted Hide Post
try abcbooks.com they have most every thing another one for forming brass that has a lot of goo info is THE HANDLOADERS MANUAL OF CARTRIDGE CONVERSIONS BY John J. Donnelly. hopes this helps

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
You might have better luck contacting Ken himself. I believe there was only one printing of that book, and it was several years ago.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<shiflan>
posted
Thanks, I'd love to contact him, but I don't know how. Anyone have his contact info?

Thanks,

shiflan

<AVMcGee>
posted
Try this web site.
http://www.hunting-rifles.com/kenHowell.html
Ken Howell, Dept. GA, 407 Spring Street, Stevensville, MT 59870, or call (406) 777-2878.

Andrew V. McGee

[This message has been edited by avmcgee (edited 11-13-2001).]

<Jeff S>
posted
FWIW, Amazon.com will do a used book search for you. I've ordered some out of print books from them this way and have been very happy with the service and quality of the books. The last one I ordered took them 3 months to find...it was pretty obscure and had been out of print of nearly 25 years...

one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
I have corresponded with Dr. Ken by email.

"Ken Howell" <khowell@iname.com>

However, be aware that he recently suffered a stroke. Although he is back home now, things are not easy for him. Be patient if he doesn't reply quickly (I've been told that he can type, but has little feeling in his fingers; however his mind is still sharp as a razor).

It is my understanding that the book is sold out, but Ken is taking orders (or perhaps only considering) a second printing. Email him and place your order!

It is a huge, detailed book (2 inches thick) and it is much more accurrate than Donnelly's which has quite a few errors.

Ken is a class act and, judging from his book, a real perfectionist!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote